+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Considered under less complex case what is next

lawa

Jan 23, 2019
today i got a mail from IRB telling that my case was considered under less complex case and they may accept my case without hearing but i need to submit my supporting documents before 25th of April. My question what is my next step i provide all the supporting documents to my lawyer so for now is it me or my lawyer should submit the documents?!

I submitted my documents 23rd of January 2019
Received my Asylum seeker document on 6th of February 2019
And the letter was issued on 3rd April 2019 and received it on 5th of April 2019

Fawaz__

Oct 26, 2018
Who submits the documents depends on the agreement between you and your lawyer. In my case, I hired an immigration consultant. He wrote a cover letter for me, and checked the documents. Then, I went myself to the building in downtown Toronto, and submitted the documents.

In any case, you should have a discussion with your lawyer about what to do next.

lawa

Jan 23, 2019
Who submits the documents depends on the agreement between you and your lawyer. In my case, I hired an immigration consultant. He wrote a cover letter for me, and checked the documents. Then, I went myself to the building in downtown Toronto, and submitted the documents.

In any case, you should have a discussion with your lawyer about what to do next.
Thanks and how long it will take after that until they make a decision?!

Keliwal

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
today i got a mail from IRB telling that my case was considered under less complex case and they may accept my case without hearing but i need to submit my supporting documents before 25th of April. My question what is my next step i provide all the supporting documents to my lawyer so for now is it me or my lawyer should submit the documents?!

I submitted my documents 23rd of January 2019
Received my Asylum seeker document on 6th of February 2019
And the letter was issued on 3rd April 2019 and received it on 5th of April 2019
Hi,
Which office of IRCC did you submit your claim documents?
I submitted in Etobicoke, Toronto on January 3rd, 2019. I got my refugee protection document on January 22nd. But I haven’t heard anything from IRB yet, although my country comes under less complex cases or expedited cases category.

Muhammad79

Mar 29, 2019
I think everyone is different
I applied in Dec 2018 in Montreal
Feb, 11 2019 received the letter under less complex cases and certificate of readiness
Feb, 12 sent my certificate
Nothing since then

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Which office of IRCC did you submit your claim documents?
I submitted in Etobicoke, Toronto on January 3rd, 2019. I got my refugee protection document on January 22nd. But I haven’t heard anything from IRB yet, although my country comes under less complex cases or expedited cases category.
Be patient you have just arrived. There are people from identified countries that have been waiting for 2 years. Processing is going faster but there are something like 60K asylum seekers.

Ilyas2011

May 15, 2020
Did anyone recieve any update or decision after submitting of requested docs by IRB under the process for streaming of less complex cases specially since March 2020?

RefugeeClaim1

Apr 5, 2020
I received a letter saying that my case will be considered under less complex cases but will not get decision until they resume issuing decisions since they have stopped

Ilyas2011

May 15, 2020
I received a letter saying that my case will be considered under less complex cases but will not get decision until they resume issuing decisions since they have stopped
That is a good news- congratulations. On the decision, did the letter mention it? Is it until issuing decision by mail or resumimg thier offices? Did they ask you to send them the supporting documents too in 15 days, cause they do. Thank you.

RefugeeClaim1

Apr 5, 2020
That is a good news- congratulations. On the decision, did the letter mention it? Is it until issuing decision by mail or resumimg thier offices? Did they ask you to send them the supporting documents too in 15 days, cause they do. Thank you.
Yes they asked for supporting documents but the letter states the documents will only be actioned once hearings are resumed so no one should expect to receive decisions anytime soon

Ilyas2011

May 15, 2020
Thank you. What I don't understand is that why the decision making is delayed until hearing resumption when the decision is made based on file reviews. But good luck!

Reactions: RefugeeClaim1

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. What I don't understand is that why the decision making is delayed until hearing resumption when the decision is made based on file reviews. But good luck!
Research must be done. Contact with other organizations is often necessary and people can’t take immigration information to their home for privacy reasons. There are also likely thousands of files ahead of you.