+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consequences of refusal

Aistah

Jan 21, 2015
Dear friends, I am here to seek your valuable advice regarding reapplying for visit visa.

I applied for visit visa of Canada on a canadian friend's invitation in November but got refusal. I am a medical doctor practicing private clinic in Pakistan since last 30 years. My travel history is rich with lots of visits to Europe, Spain, Czeck republic etc. My two sons are graduated in medicine from best universities of UK. Financial statement is also pretty strong. And refusal doesn't make sense for visiting Canada.

Now I want to attend a conference which is apparently irrelevant to my field but I can get myself registered. Please advice should I pay registration fee for the conference? Will previous refusal have any effect if reapply like this? Once I'll pay registration fee, I'll get invitation from conference organizers. But I am afraid I could be refused again due to previous refusal and my registration fee of 500 CAD would go wasted. Please guide what should I do?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You mentioned that the conference is irrelevant to your field of medical practice.... are you registering for the conference only with the view to obtaining a TRV.... or will it be beneficial to you?

Could you share the reasons for the previous refusal?

Cheers

Aistah

Jan 21, 2015
My foster daughter will be presenting her research in this conference and I want to attend this conference mainly for her presentation. I thought if I apply TRV/tourist visa with this conference registration invitation there could be less chances of refusal. But previous refusal could spoil the scene. Otherwise this conference is not relevant to my work.

The statement written on my visa refusal letter is as follows,
"This refers to your application for temporary resident visa to Canada. I have completed the assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa; therefore your application is refused.

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors; these may include the applicants travel and identity documents, reason for travel to Canada, Financial means for the trip, ties to the country of residence (including immigration status , employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of period authorized for his or her stay.

In accordance with Section A11(1) of IRPA , any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirement to the act. This includes the requirement to establish to the satisfaction of the officer that the applicant will respect their conditions of admission and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for his or her stay.

This application is close. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply I would suggest that you do so only if your situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit.

Aistah

Jan 21, 2015
Bryanna said:
Hi,

You mentioned that the conference is irrelevant to your field of medical practice.... are you registering for the conference only with a view to obtaining a TRV.... or will it be beneficial to you?

Could you share the reasons for the previous refusal?

Cheers
Aistah said:
My foster daughter will be presenting her research in this conference and I want to attend this conference mainly for her presentation. I thought if I apply TRV/tourist visa with this conference registration invitation there could be less chances of refusal. But previous refusal could spoil the scene. Otherwise this conference is not relevant to my work.

The statement written on my visa refusal letter is as follows,
"This refers to your application for temporary resident visa to Canada. I have completed the assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa; therefore your application is refused.

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors; these may include the applicants travel and identity documents, reason for travel to Canada, Financial means for the trip, ties to the country of residence (including immigration status , employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of period authorized for his or her stay.

In accordance with Section A11(1) of IRPA , any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirement to the act. This includes the requirement to establish to the satisfaction of the officer that the applicant will respect their conditions of admission and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for his or her stay.

This application is close. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply I would suggest that you do so only if your situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit.

Aistah

Jan 21, 2015
Bryanna said:
If you can let us know which boxes were ticked in the Refusal Letter then we can help you

Ticked boxes in refusal letter are:

"*You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision. I considered several factors, including:

*Your travel history
*Purpose of visit
*Your personal assets and financial status"

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

For how long do you wish to visit?

Will someone in Canada send you Invitation/supporting documents as host?

Is it possible to register provisionally to attend the conference.... and if you can confirm your attendance when you get the TRV? You can add the Invitation to Attend to your visa application

Here are some suggestions when you re-apply:
Purpose of Visit
a. You could show your relationship to your foster daughter

b. Attach evidence of her being invited to present the Research Paper

c. Proofs that she is attending the conference

d. Prepare a letter from yourself saying how special this milestone is to you as her foster parent and why you wish to attend (for personal and professional reasons as a doctor)

e. Prepare a day-by-day Itinerary listing places you'd like to visit + people you'd like to meet + attend the conference..... also do work out estimates for the Itinerary
Please do not make the conference as the main purpose of visiting

Travel History
You could submit an Explanation: My Travel History..... scan the visas + list entry/exit dates chronologically for your travel history + purpose of each visit

Personal Assets and Financial Status
You must provide evidence (whatever is applicable to your situation)..... typically, you must show CAD 1000 per week of visit + airfare + surplus finances
a. Bank statements.... I think it is now 12 months bank statements for Pakistan applications

b. Financial investments: Bank term deposits, insurance policies, mutual funds, recurring deposits, pension funds, jewelry, shares, bonds, foreign currencies (purchased from registered Forex dealers), Cash-in-hand, etc.... you could draw up a list of your financial situation listing total finances + finances available for your visit

If any financial investments are locked-in then do mention it

c. Credit Cards: Listing credit card limits, low credit dues (so it proves better financial standing), attach the latest 2-3 months' statements + state you will carry these cards for your visit (so it will increase the finances for your visit)

d. Property: If you own property or land either alone or with a member of your family in your home country.... do give proofs of Sale Deed + latest property tax receipts + current evaluation (either self-evaluation based on current market rates or done by a CA).... if it is loan/mortgage-free then mention this.... if you earn rental income then submit proofs + add to Point (b)

e. Income Tax Returns for the last 2-3 years

You must also prove that you will return to your home country at the end of your visit..... for this, you could list family member who live with you + to resume your medical practice + any social work/volunteer work that you do in your home country, etc

Hope this helps

Aistah

Jan 21, 2015
Thank a lot my dear well wisher. This line of action appears convincing and applicable. Thanks again.