+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consequences of extending stay on Supervisa?

amit_27

Feb 20, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
Hi,

I am in the process of applying for my mom to come to Canada on Supervisa. My mom doesn't have any previous travel history. It will be her first trip outside of India, if she's granted Supervisa. Since, she doesn't have any travel history, how would our application be affected, if my mom overstays by a month or 2.

In the invitation letter I want to state that my mom will be here for 3 months, but I would ideally like her to come for 6 months, but I am also aware that since she doesn't have any travel history, that requesting to stay over a longer period of time might result in her application getting refused. If I buy a tentative air ticket showing that she would leave after 3 months, and stays longer, can it cause any problems?

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I dont understand a super visa when approved is good for 2 years of residency.

If your talking about a regular visa if approved the amount of time she can stay will be provided to her when she enters. If they dont give a date she must leave by its 6 months.

amit_27

Feb 20, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
I dont understand a super visa when approved is good for 2 years of residency.

If your talking about a regular visa if approved the amount of time she can stay will be provided to her when she enters. If they dont give a date she must leave by its 6 months.
In the invitation letter, I want to mention that my mother will be leaving returning to India after 2 months, however what it she actually stays lets say for 4 months, instead of 2. What happens then? Thanks.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
The letter you wrote doesn't matter only what the CSBA agent giver her at the border.

I am still confused usually only reason for a supervisa is to allow for a longer duration stay for parents of 2 years.

amit_27

Feb 20, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
The letter you wrote doesn't matter only what the CSBA agent giver her at the border.

I am still confused usually only reason for a supervisa is to allow for a longer duration stay for parents of 2 years.
Yes usually it's given out for 2 years. But, I have read in the forum that, there are more chances of being denied a Supervisa or any kind of TRV, if the applicant doesn't have previous travel history, when the applicant intends to keep his/her stay shorter vs intending to stay longer. For example, mentioning in the supervisa that I want to stay in Canada for 6 months vs saying that I want to stay for 2 months.

Does the duration of the trip mentioned in the invitation letter to Sponsor my parents on supervisa affect applicant's chance of getting a supervisa, when the applicant has no previous travel history?