Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all

I'm a Bangladeshi planned to land in saskatoon on 17 April. My route is Dhaka-Delhi -Toronto -saskatoon by Jet airways. Jet will allow 2 piece luggage 23kg per person. My question is : Will 'air Canadta' carry same luggage without any charge to Saskatoon? or I have to collect luggage in Pearson & then 'checxk in' again. I need suggestion urgently. Our local travel agents giving confusing information that's why asking u.

Thanks in advance.

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Free Baggage Allowance for Interline / Codeshare Journeys (between India and US / Canada) with North American Carriers:

For all interline / codeshare journey's between India and US/Canada (regardless of point of sale and the FBA printed on the ticket), the First Check-in carrier's baggage policy will apply in direction of travel provided the baggage is through tagged up to the final destination:

2 pieces of each 23kg can be checked in through Jet airways to canadian destination!

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
You dont have to collect your luggage in Toronto as long as your final destination is Saskatoon! Just be sure to get your luggage tagged to the final destination (Your airline will do)

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
If you are buying ticket from port to port with check in luggage port to port then the partner airlines will take care of it or else it is your problem.

http://www.jetairways.com/EN/US/Baggage/CheckedBaggage.aspx

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/airport/baggage/checked.html

mycan

cofeemug said:
Dear all

I'm a Bangladeshi planned to land in saskatoon on 17 April. My route is Dhaka-Delhi -Toronto -saskatoon by Jet airways. Jet will allow 2 piece luggage 23kg per person. My question is : Will 'air Canadta' carry same luggage without any charge to Saskatoon? or I have to collect luggage in Pearson & then 'checxk in' again. I need suggestion urgently. Our local travel agents giving confusing information that's why asking u.

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sttn said:
You dont have to collect your luggage in Toronto as long as your final destination is Saskatoon! Just be sure to get your luggage tagged to the final destination (Your airline will do)
Sorry the OP will have to collect his luggage in Toronto when he "lands" and after Customs, there is a baggage belt where the luggage goes for the connecting Canadian flight.

cofeemug

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi PMM

l would like to complete landing formalities in Saskatoon. So, do I need to collect luggage in pearson?

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cofeemug said:
Hi PMM

l would like to complete landing formalities in Saskatoon. So, do I need to collect luggage in pearson?
As Sir PMM mentioned ,yes you have to collect your luggage at Pearson and get it clear by customs.Your landing formalities will be done at Pearson.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kanamen said:
As Sir PMM mentioned ,yes you have to collect your luggage at Pearson and get it clear by customs.Your landing formalities will be done at Pearson.
Agreed. You don't have a choice. You have to land in Toronto (Pearson).

cofeemug

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks kanamen.

If needed I'll collect luggage at Pearson but I've a desire to complete landing formalities at my final destination . Is it possible ?

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cofeemug said:
Thanks kinsmen.

If needed I'll collect luggage at Pearson but I've a desire to complete landing formalities at my final destination . Is it possible ?
There's no problem for landing at Pearson .Is there any specific reason?

cofeemug

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No problem at all . But according to some of my friends who are already in Toronto, immigration & customs in small cities are more friendly & cordial.

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cofeemug said:
No problem at all . But according to some of my friends who are already in Toronto, immigration & customs in small cities are more friendly & cordial.
They are very friendly & cordial@ each POE.
Have a nice landing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
cofeemug said:
but I've a desire to complete landing formalities at my final destination . Is it possible ?
No - this isn't possible. You have to land at the first POE you reach. As Kanamen said - you'll be absolutely fine landing in Toronto.

cofeemug

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Connecting Guide @ Pearson, Tornoto:• Here are a few things to keep in mind if you’re connecting through Toronto Pearson, and a few things to help you fill the time between your flights.
International From the U.S.A.
Connecting overseas, to Mexico or the Caribbean? You may be required to transit through customs before you connect. Refer to the table below for specific details about your flight.
CONNECTION CUSTOMS REQUIRED

Domestic* flight to Domestic flight No Customs required
Domestic flight to U.S. flight U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Domestic flight to International flight No Customs required
U.S. flight to Domestic flight Canada Border Services Agency**
International flight to Domestic flight Canada Border Services Agency
International flight to International flight Canada Border Services Agency
* Domestic flights are flights within Canada.
** Canada Border Services Agency combines the processes of Canada Customs, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, and Canada Food Inspection Services.
*** Some International to U.S. connecting flights at Terminal 1 do not require passengers to clear CBSA before clearing U.S. CBP inspection.
NEXUS is a partnership program between CBSA and U.S. CBP that allows members to clear the border faster in both countries when travelling between the United States and Canada.
CANPASS is a CBSA program that allows members to clear the border faster when travelling into Canadian airports.
For more information about the Customs process, review the CBSA website

Connecting to a International flight - Within Terminal 1
Confirm with your airline that your baggage is tagged for your connecting flight. If so, follows the signs to your connecting gate. En route you will be processed through Canada Customs at their Satellite Primary Inspection Line, dedicated for connecting passengers.

If your baggage is not tagged through to your final destination please follow the Baggage Claim signs to retrieve your baggage for Canada Customs processing. Then proceed to your airline for baggage re-tagging.
Connecting to a International flight – Within Terminal 3
Toronto Pearson is your first point of entry into Canada. Therefore, although your baggage tag receipts may state that your baggage is tagged through to your final destination you are required to pick them up for Canada Customs processing. Following that, you will drop off your bags at the connection drop off belt.

If your baggage is not tagged through to your final destination please proceed to your airline check in desk for your connecting flight.
Connecting to a Domestic flight
Toronto Pearson is your first point of entry into Canada. Therefore, although your baggage tag receipts may state that your luggage is tagged through to your final destination you are required to pick them up for Canada Customs processing. Following that, you will drop off your bags at the connection drop off belt.

If your baggage is not tagged through to your final destination please proceed to your airline check in desk for your connecting flight.
Toronto Pearson has one of the most efficient baggage claims anywhere. If you need to claim your baggage here, you can easily find it using our baggage area map

The fastest way to get around is using the LINK train. It’s free, wheelchair accessible, and connects you to terminals 1 & 3 in minutes.

If you have a little time to spend at Toronto Pearson between flights, check out some of the great shops, handy services and top-notch restaurants. Whatever you’re in the mood for, you’ll find it here.

Longer Layovers
For guests with longer layovers, there are a number of hotels just a short distance away.

For more information on Connecting through Toronto Pearson, please call:
• Terminal 1: 416-AIRPORT (416-247-7678) or 1-866-207-1690
LINK Train
• Free and fully wheelchair accessible, you’re going to love the LINK Train.
It offers transportation 24/7 and connects you to:
• Terminal 1
• Terminal 3 and the Sheraton Gateway Hotel
• Viscount Station Value Park Lot and Value Park Garage

Catch the LINK train
Terminal 1 Station
Located on Level 5 of the Terminal 1 Parking Garage.
How to get there:
• From the terminal: Take the West Pedestrian Bridge, located on Level 2, to the Parking Garage and follow the signs to the elevator and escalator.

Terminal 3 Station / Sheraton Gateway Hotel Station
Located in the Terminal 3 / Sheraton hotel pedestrian bridge.
How to get there:
• From the terminal: Go to Level 3 and follow signs up the escalator and elevator to the Sheraton Gateway hotel.
• From the Hotel lobby: Access to the train platform is available from the hotel lobby.

Value Park Lot and Value Park Garage
Located at Viscount Station.
How to get there:
• Viscount Station is located on Viscount Road, between American Drive and Highway 409.
Schedule
TIME DAY OF WEEK TRAIN MODE MAX. WAITING TIME
0300 - 0745 Monday through Sunday Dual Train Shuttle 4 min
0745 - 1130 Monday through Sunday Single Train Shuttle 8 min
1130 - 0000 Monday through Friday Dual Train Shuttle 4 min
0000 - 0300 Monday through Friday Single Train Shuttle 8 min
1130 - 2300 Saturday and Sunday Dual Train Shuttle 4 min
2300 - 0300 Saturday and Sunday Single Train Shuttle 8 min