+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal visa

Joan1005

Jul 22, 2018
I want to ask if im qualified for conjugal visa..

My boyfriend is Canadian and I am a Filipina. We’ve been together for a year now. He already went here to the philippines and live with me for 3 mos. I can’t go to Canada and be with him because my visa got rejected and we can’t get married yet because I am not yet legally separated from my ex husband even though we’ve been separated for 8 year now because there is no divorce here.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I want to ask if im qualified for conjugal visa..

My boyfriend is Canadian and I am a Filipina. We’ve been together for a year now. He already went here to the philippines and live with me for 3 mos. I can’t go to Canada and be with him because my visa got rejected and we can’t get married yet because I am not yet legally separated from my ex husband even though we’ve been separated for 8 year now because there is no divorce here.
I believe that you are likely qualified for conjugal visa.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
You are on the right track, but there is one other thing IRCC would question if you were to apply conjugal - why can't your boyfriend come live with you for 12 months in the Philippines to establish a common-law relationship (inconvenience/financial burden does not suffice - there needs to be some sort of legal or immigration barrier)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You are on the right track, but there is one other thing IRCC would question if you were to apply conjugal - why can't your boyfriend come live with you for 12 months in the Philippines to establish a common-law relationship (inconvenience/financial burden does not suffice - there needs to be some sort of legal or immigration barrier)
There is a legal barrier to becoming common-law because adultery is actually illegal in the Philippines.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
There is a legal barrier to becoming common-law because adultery is actually illegal in the Philippines.
Ah, makes sense!

(edited to clarify, I meant what you said makes sense, not that it makes sense for adultery to be illegal ;) )

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
How are they going to get a legal marriage in canada without a divorce certificate from philippines I wonder...
Not required. Once a PR of Canada AND resident for the required time, they can file for divorce in Canada instead of the Philippines. Then they can marry in Canada.

Reactions: girlhounds

Joan1005

Jul 22, 2018
His work is in Canada plus adultery is a big factor here. I want to know too how long for the visa to process

Joan1005

Jul 22, 2018
Is it necessary to hired immigration consultant for this matter? I ask some immigration consultant and their fees is between 3,000 to 4,000 cad excluding government fees