+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal sponsorship

Nyangot

Jan 6, 2020
Hi need opinion and advice here. My boyfriend and I applied for his visitor visa for Canada last 2018 and was denied and 2019 he applied again for visitor visa and after a week we send our conjugal sponsorship application too. We got a confirmation from CIC that they received the conjugal sponsorship application and in a separate email His visa was granted for visitor. Question is: is there will be a problem in our conjugal application if he stays in Canada while the sponsorship is on process?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi need opinion and advice here. My boyfriend and I applied for his visitor visa for Canada last 2018 and was denied and 2019 he applied again for visitor visa and after a week we send our conjugal sponsorship application too. We got a confirmation from CIC that they received the conjugal sponsorship application and in a separate email His visa was granted for visitor. Question is: is there will be a problem in our conjugal application if he stays in Canada while the sponsorship is on process?
What are your grounds for applying as a conjugal couple? If your boyfriend is able to visit Canada, then I don't see how a conjugal application can succeed.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
With a visitor's visa he will be denied conjugal sponsorship. You should have waited for the result of the TRV application .

Nyangot

Jan 6, 2020
He is separated but still married in Philippines and there is no divorce in Philippines. What should we do now?

Nyangot

Jan 6, 2020
He is separated to his ex wife but still married in paper because there is no divorce in Philippines. We can’t get married.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Sure, but he has a visitor's visa to Canada - you can qualify for common law in Canada. That doesn't set up a conjugal relationship - you need to have an immigration barrier.

Nyangot

Jan 6, 2020
Sure, but he has a visitor's visa to Canada - you can qualify for common law in Canada. That doesn't set up a conjugal relationship - you need to have an immigration barrier.

When can i apply for a common law? Do i need to wait for a year of his stay in Canada before i proceed the application?