+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal sponsorship

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hello! I have a few questions with regards to conjugal sponsorship. I got my permanent residence here in 2013, then my citizenship in 2016. My relationship with my partner, which we both consider as way beyond bf/gf relationship, started in 2007. We started sharing/sending financial remittances in 2009 i think. When i applied for both PR and Citizenship, my status was DIVORCED. I didn't think i had to click the common-law as we didn't live together continuously for a year. The only time we were together was during the 4 trips i had to the Philippines in which during those times I spent my whole vacation with him. What do u think guys the date i should enter to the question as to when our conjugal relationship started? Somebody in the forum said that if the sponsor did not declare the applicant as his/her common-law during his/her application for PR, it will be a red flag to IRCC. But i can't declare him as one first of all, we didn't cohabit or live together for a year, 2. He was still legally married in the Philippines back then. Any thoughts, anyone? Thanks!
If you had not cohabitated for a year, you were not common-law.

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
i dont think you can sponsor him under any criteria as Lizcarl said under common law no .. under conjugal he will be denied for sure unless youll find a way to cohabit for a full year or he gets annuled in the Philippines and you and him get married in another country then you can sponsor him

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
i dont think you can sponsor him under any criteria as Lizcarl said under common law no .. under conjugal he will be denied for sure unless youll find a way to cohabit for a full year or he gets annuled in the Philippines and you and him get married in another country then you can sponsor him
Why do you say he would be "denied for sure" under conjugal? This scenario (Filipinos who cannot get a divorce or an annulment who cannot live together in the Philippines because of adultery laws and who cannot live together in Canada due to immigration/visa barriers) is one of the most common for conjugal.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Why do you say he would be "denied for sure" under conjugal? This scenario (Filipinos who cannot get a divorce or an annulment who cannot live together in the Philippines because of adultery laws and who cannot live together in Canada due to immigration/visa barriers) is one of the most common for conjugal.
Exactly. I sponsored my conjugal partner from philippines because she couldnt get a divorce nor could she marry and our app was approved in 11 months in 2019 again

Reactions: k.h.p.

Monaii08

Dec 21, 2021
Hi- I think we have the same scenario and wanted to ask how did your application go?