+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal sponsorship

Mahalko0214

Oct 26, 2019
Hello there. Im a canadian and my bf is in the Philippines. Weve been together for 8yrs. But we are really having a hard time getting married because of his previous marriage. We dont have divorce in the Philippines and annulment is so expensive. I always go home just to be with him. We stayed together but we really cant get married. I just found out abt the conjugal sponsorship on this article. Now Im seeing hope that we can be together someday. Are we eligible for this kind of program? Please advise. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello there. Im a canadian and my bf is in the Philippines. Weve been together for 8yrs. But we are really having a hard time getting married because of his previous marriage. We dont have divorce in the Philippines and annulment is so expensive. I always go home just to be with him. We stayed together but we really cant get married. I just found out abt the conjugal sponsorship on this article. Now Im seeing hope that we can be together someday. Are we eligible for this kind of program? Please advise. Thank you
Have you lived together? If so, for how long and when?

When and how did you become a PR?

Mahalko0214

Oct 26, 2019
Everytime I go back to the Philippines, we stayed together its either we rent a place or we stayed in my parent's house, usually a month and sometime up to 2 months. I just got back recently from the Phils and I stayed with him for 7 months. But I have to go back here for work. Its really frustrating that I cant stay with him longer. I always go home every year. Is there a possibility that I can apply thru conjugal sponsorship? I got my PR last 2006 thru live in caregiver program. I just read abt the conjugal sponsorhip, we are so desperate in finding ways to be together. We dont have any divorce back home and we cannot afford an annulment for now.

Mahalko0214

Oct 26, 2019

Everytime I go back to the Philippines, we stayed together its either we rent a place or we stayed in my parent's house, usually a month and sometime up to 2 months. I just got back recently from the Phils and I stayed with him for 7 months. But I have to go back here for work. Its really frustrating that I cant stay with him longer. I always go home every year. Is there a possibility that I can apply thru conjugal sponsorship? I got my PR last 2006 thru live incaregiver program. I just read abt the conjugalsponsorhip, we are so desperate in finding ways to be together. We dont have any divorceback home and we cannot afford an annulmentfor now.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No not yet, whats the difference between the TRV and the conjugal sponsorship? Which one has high chances of approval? Dont know if we are really qualified for both.
You need to demonstrate that there is an immigration barrier to you living together for 12 months in order to qualify as common law partners. If you don't even try, you can't demonstrate a barrier exists.

Mahalko0214

Oct 26, 2019
You need to demonstrate that there is an immigration barrier to you living together for 12 months in order to qualify as common law partners. If you don't even try, you can't demonstrate a barrier exists.
So its better to apply for TRV first...Can I invite him as my BF to come here in Canada even though he is still married?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So its better to apply for TRV first...Can I invite him as my BF to come here in Canada even though he is still married?
There is no "better" about it. You must apply for the TRV first. If you do not apply for a TRV, expect the conjugal app to be refused.

Yes, you can invite him. IRCC is well aware of the laws regarding divorce in the Philippines.

Reactions: Mahalko0214

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
I saw your old thread, which you were approved for conjugal sponsorship. can you help me with this. Do we need to have any conjugal properties or ownership to be considered as conjugal?
To be considered as conjugal you must prove you have an immigration barrier between u guys. And u must demonstrate that you are in a "marriage like relationship" for at least 1 year. Sending money, joint accounts etc

Reactions: Mahalko0214

Mahalko0214

Oct 26, 2019
To be considered as conjugal you must prove you have an immigration barrier between u guys. And u must demonstrate that you are in a "marriage like relationship" for at least 1 year. Sending money, joint accounts etc
Hello. How abt properties? Necessary ba un? And for the TRV, ako po ba need mg invite as GF? Wala po syang relatives dito sa canada. D

Lizcarl

Apr 29, 2019
Hello! I have a few questions with regards to conjugal sponsorship. I got my permanent residence here in 2013, then my citizenship in 2016. My relationship with my partner, which we both consider as way beyond bf/gf relationship, started in 2007. We started sharing/sending financial remittances in 2009 i think. When i applied for both PR and Citizenship, my status was DIVORCED. I didn't think i had to click the common-law as we didn't live together continuously for a year. The only time we were together was during the 4 trips i had to the Philippines in which during those times I spent my whole vacation with him. What do u think guys the date i should enter to the question as to when our conjugal relationship started? Somebody in the forum said that if the sponsor did not declare the applicant as his/her common-law during his/her application for PR, it will be a red flag to IRCC. But i can't declare him as one first of all, we didn't cohabit or live together for a year, 2. He was still legally married in the Philippines back then. Any thoughts, anyone? Thanks!