+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal sponsorship

Mahalko0214

Oct 26, 2019
You need to apply for a TRV. If you don't, you cannot show an immigration barrier preventing you from coming to Canada to become common-law with your partner and therefore won't qualify for conjugal.

If the TRV is approved, you won't qualify for conjugal because you can come to Canada and live with your partner to become common-law.
Hello, quick question for the TRV how long would be the ideal length of visit to put in the application.

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
A few weeks.
Hi! I will be submitting my TRV application next week. Is it okay for the Immigration Officer that my desired vacation date is March next year? Wouldnt they question why i needed to apply early if my preferred month to visit Canada is March 2020.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi! I will be submitting my TRV application next week. Is it okay for the Immigration Officer that my desired vacation date is March next year? Wouldnt they question why i needed to apply early if my preferred month to visit Canada is March 2020.
It's fine.

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Thanks!

Also, is it okay to include a letter explaining my relationship to the person i am visiting in canada? I am married but separated from my ex husband for more than 5 years. He divorced me in the US, but im still legally married here in the Philippines. I wanted to be completely honest that the person i am visiting in Canada is my girlfriend.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks!

Also, is it okay to include a letter explaining my relationship to the person i am visiting in canada? I am married but separated from my ex husband for more than 5 years. He divorced me in the US, but im still legally married here in the Philippines. I wanted to be completely honest that the person i am visiting in Canada is my girlfriend.
There is a higher risk of refusal is you say you are visiting your girlfriend.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Okay thanks for the advice.

What should I address on our letter of intent and invitation letter? Should i say close friend or girlfriend?
If u say shes a friend now and later on when u apply for conjugal say shes your girlfriend the immigration officer will probably wonder why was she just a friend before and now shes your girlfriend. If u lie now you will already have hurt your future chances in the conjugal application. Just be honest. Ok lang

Dec 22, 2019
I would like to think pre-arrival means ppr will be soon but doesnt feel like it lol. inbox me if u like i can tell u more
Hi there. Congratulations on your approval. Can I ask u question regarding your conjugal sponsorship application?
Did your partner file for annulment in the Philippines? Same boat here.

Hope u still follow this post. and if theres a chance that we can chat privately?

Have a good day.and thanks.

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
In this case, may I know the chances and other relevant informations or requirements for us to proceed with such visa application. We do have our messenger conversations, photos, phone calls and video calls regularly to prove the genuineness of our relationship. Lucky Patcher Kodi nox

Last edited:

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
If you still follow this post please reply to it and I'll tell you my conjugal sponsorship. I am in Canada and my fiancee is in manila. We were approved as conjugal partners
Hi please tell me about your conjugal partner sponsorship experience. Please

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi please tell me about your conjugal partner sponsorship experience. Please
Didn't you receive PR in Jan 2017 through sponsorship by your ex? If so, you cannot sponsor anyone until Jan 2022 at the earliest.

Lizcarl

Apr 29, 2019
I need help filling out this form IMM0008 Personal Details Q. 14 in behalf of my partner who is the principal applicant. We both entered our relationship with full knowledge of our background especially our past relationships. I was married but separated that time, and he had 2 failed relationships, the first one he was legally married, then the next can be regarded as a common-law like relationship since they lived together for more than a year. He had 3 children from his ex-wife and 2 from the last relationship. I came into picture after his relationship with the latter fell apart. The kids from the ex-wife are now of legal age to decide for their own, thus 1 of them will be included in our application, however the other minor children will both be non-accompanying as we know for a fact that their mother will not let them.

For my question, As i start to fill out the forms, i got confused with the personal details section specifically the part asking if he had previously been married or in a common-law relationship. (BTW, my partner's marriage is now annulled and i am also divorced here in Canada. ).
How do I answer this part? Do i have to provide a separate sheet to detail his past relationships? or i just need to fill out the part where he was married before and omit the last relationship?
IRCC will find out anyway that the 3 kids in the application have different mothers once we include all their birth certificates.

3. For the question, when did our conjugal relationship start, do i write the date when we enter the relationship bf/gf which was in 2007? I am not able to declare him as common-law when i applied for PR and Citizenship as we didn't live together for a year. I didn't want to have this issue raise a red flag for IRCC when i became a PR and citizen.

Please help! thank you!