+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal sponsorship

stephG

Jun 23, 2019
Good day! I would like to seek for some advice regarding conjugal partner sponsorship.

My boyfriend is a Canadian citizen, separated and we've been together for more than one year already. I am residing in the Philippines, separated as well for 5 years too. We both have documents to show of our separation agreements signed. Annulment is not possible at the moment since it's a lengthy and costly processing here. I attempted twice to apply for TRV and was refused twice also. He is planning to visit me this coming months and wanting us to be together soon in Canada.

In this case, may I know the chances and other relevant informations or requirements for us to proceed with such visa application. We do have our messenger conversations, photos, phone calls and video calls regularly to prove the genuineness of our relationship.

I am looking forward for your reply.

Thanks,
StephG

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Good day! I would like to seek for some advice regarding conjugal partner sponsorship.

My boyfriend is a Canadian citizen, separated and we've been together for more than one year already. I am residing in the Philippines, separated as well for 5 years too. We both have documents to show of our separation agreements signed. Annulment is not possible at the moment since it's a lengthy and costly processing here. I attempted twice to apply for TRV and was refused twice also. He is planning to visit me this coming months and wanting us to be together soon in Canada.

In this case, may I know the chances and other relevant informations or requirements for us to proceed with such visa application. We do have our messenger conversations, photos, phone calls and video calls regularly to prove the genuineness of our relationship.

I am looking forward for your reply.

Thanks,
StephG
If you still follow this post please reply to it and I'll tell you my conjugal sponsorship. I am in Canada and my fiancee is in manila. We were approved as conjugal partners

stephG

Jun 23, 2019
If you still follow this post please reply to it and I'll tell you my conjugal sponsorship. I am in Canada and my fiancee is in manila. We were approved as conjugal partners

Thanks for the reply @Jaybee43, I will definitely appreciate your sharing of visa application about conjugal sponsorship in this post. Thanks

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Hi @Jaybee43 ,

I’m also sponsoring a family class (conjugal partner) and our papers just transferred to ManilaVisa office. Based on your experience how long did it take for the approval. Thank you.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Hi @Jaybee43 ,

I’m also sponsoring a family class (conjugal partner) and our papers just transferred to ManilaVisa office. Based on your experience how long did it take for the approval. Thank you.
Aor1 Jan 2019
SA Feb 2019
File xfered to MVO Mar 2019
Meds/bio Mar/Apr 2019
Interview at MVO Aug 2019
Eligibility passed Aug 2019
Nothing since....
Good luck!

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Aor1 Jan 2019
SA Feb 2019
File xfered to MVO Mar 2019
Meds/bio Mar/Apr 2019
Interview at MVO Aug 2019
Eligibility passed Aug 2019
Nothing since....
Good luck!
What do they usually ask on interview?

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
What do they usually ask on interview?
Essentially they wanted to make sure our relationship is genuine. They asked my partner to bring in further proof of communication. I'm guessing they wanted to make sure we were still together. They asked about my trips to Phils how many times I went there to visit. Interviewer was very nice.

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Essentially they wanted to make sure our relationship is genuine. They asked my partner to bring in further proof of communication. I'm guessing they wanted to make sure we were still together. They asked about my trips to Phils how many times I went there to visit. Interviewer was very nice.
The waiting time is so stressful. My matleave is almost done and not sure how long it will take. My only way is to send my son home so I can go back to work as daycare costs too much here. By the way did you get the result of the interview the same day? Thank you.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
The waiting time is so stressful. My matleave is almost done and not sure how long it will take. My only way is to send my son home so I can go back to work as daycare costs too much here. By the way did you get the result of the interview the same day? Thank you.
The waiting really sucks I agree. I'm checking ecas every day lol. I hope you receive an answer very soon as it's very stressful! The interviewer said she believed our relationship is genuine and the next day we got pre-arrival services letter. When was your file xfered to MVO ?

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
The waiting really sucks I agree. I'm checking ecas every day lol. I hope you receive an answer very soon as it's very stressful! The interviewer said she believed our relationship is genuine and the next day we got pre-arrival services letter. When was your file xfered to MVO ?
Here’s my timeline

July 8 - App Rcvd
Sept 5 - AOR
Sept 11- SA/Bio Req
Sept 13- Med Req
Sept 16-Additional Doc Req (updated police clearance)
Sept 18- ADR Submitted (police clearance
Sept 19- trans to MVO

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
You got pre-arrival it only means that you’re just just waiting for PPR. Congrats

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi! I am hoping and praying you would read this message and by the way, congrats on your approved application.

We are planning on applying a conjugal sponsorship. I am married but separated from my husband since 2012. Annulment is an excruciating process here in the Philippines. Ive read on the forums, i need to get a TRV even if i get denied to get a good chance on our conjugal sponsorship. Hope you can share some tips so we can get approved as well.

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi! I am hoping and praying you would read this message and by the way, congrats on your approved application.

We are planning on applying a conjugal sponsorship. I am married but separated from my husband since 2012. Annulment is an excruciating process here in the Philippines. Ive read on the forums, i need to get a TRV even if i get denied to get a good chance on our conjugal sponsorship. Hope you can share some tips so we can get approved as well.

Thank you
You need to apply for a TRV. If you don't, you cannot show an immigration barrier preventing you from coming to Canada to become common-law with your partner and therefore won't qualify for conjugal.

If the TRV is approved, you won't qualify for conjugal because you can come to Canada and live with your partner to become common-law.