File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We are stressed out and really hoping a genuine letter of intent will help, we have put out heart and genuinely believe that marriage should not just be a reason for the sake of PR, My partner lost his job recently due to covid, And our plans should be going back to settle down in CA. We are sincerely in distress as to the fact we might forcely get married just because of this. Without our family and friends. Given its pandemic.
Marriage shouldn't just be for the sake of PR.

However conjugal is supposed to be reserved for cases where marriage and common law are both literally impossible. It's the last resort for people in extremely complex situations who would get married in a second or live together for a year without hesitation - but both marriage and common law are literally and legally impossible.

Again, respond to the PFL as well as you can. But be prepared for the very real possibility this is going to be a refusal. That's the most likely outcome right now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's not so much "argue your case for why you believe you do in fact qualify" as it is "provide the decision maker, who is about to refuse your application, with vital information that they have not yet seen that would have a material impact on their decision." Too many people think that getting a PFL means that they can finally engage in a debate with IRCC over rules they don't like, instead of seeing it as an element of procedural fairness to prevent a patently unfair outcome from happening solely on the basis of information available not being in front of the decision maker.
Very true. A PFL is an intent to deny.

Reactions: k.h.p.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
We are stressed out and really hoping a genuine letter of intent will help, we have put out heart and genuinely believe that marriage should not just be a reason for the sake of PR, My partner lost his job recently due to covid, And our plans should be going back to settle down in CA. We are sincerely in distress as to the fact we might forcely get married just because of this. Without our family and friends. Given its pandemic.
Are you more stressed about needing to get married because you (a) don't meet conjugal requirements and (b) could cohabit due to law changes but don't want to, OR because (c) you should be going to Canada?

You're making a very, very poor choice.

Sahara18

Jun 25, 2021
We dont wanna argue as of why or what not. Before we applied we had looked unto options of what could be possible.

without us being forced to tie the not for the sake of PR. We had laid our plans. Marriage is a sincere commitment and had to be taken with serious considerations. This is too personal for us as We both came from a broken home. My partner and i wants to buy a house and so on and so forth before even getting married as to we came from nothing and dont want any of this things to be pass throught our kids.

I know im getting too emotional, But this is why why we had apply on this genuinely.

Sahara18

Jun 25, 2021
Are you more stressed about needing to get married because you (a) don't meet conjugal requirements and (b) could cohabit due to law changes but don't want to, OR because (c) you should be going to Canada?

You're making a very, very poor choice.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
We dont wanna argue as of why or what not. Before we applied we had looked unto options of what could be possible.

without us being forced to tie the not for the sake of PR. We had laid our plans. Marriage is a sincere commitment and had to be taken with serious considerations. This is too personal for us as We both came from a broken home. My partner and i wants to buy a house and so on and so forth before even getting married as to we came from nothing and dont want any of this things to be pass throught our kids.

I know im getting too emotional, But this is why why we had apply on this genuinely.
Unfortunately the law is without emotions.

Reactions: armoured

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

My recommendation is to write a draft of the PFL response and then walk away from it for a few days. Right now it sounds like you are probably too emotional to write a strong response. Take a look at the PFL a few days from now and then keep editing it until you feel it's a strong response.

- The letter should not be emotional
- The letter should focus on presenting evidence that proves why you are in fact conjugal
- Leave out statements like the one you said above regarding marriage being a sincere commitment with serious considerations. This makes it sound like your relationship is not "marriage like" and that you are in fact only at the commitment level of dating (not conjugal).
- Have a couple of friends read through your response to make sure there's no emotion and it's a logical presentation of facts to support conjugal.
- If you're really struggling with the letter, hire a Canadian immigration lawyer to help you. (Stay away from consultants.)

Good luck.

Sahara18

Jun 25, 2021
A. Because it sounds like Marriage is “the only” option which is suppose to be not. Were people saying “Get married and or you should have gotten married instead”

B. We wanted to and glad Law had Ref. As to the situation if your an expat and had no one with you but your partner is a blessing already.

C. Yes! We wanna Go to Canada to start a family. Get married there were there there is no Law whatsoever that is tied and dictates as to basing on Religion, Beliefs, Gender and Will.

Sahara18

Jun 25, 2021
My recommendation is to write a draft of the PFL response and then walk away from it for a few days. Right now it sounds like you are probably too emotional to write a strong response. Take a look at the PFL a few days from now and then keep editing it until you feel it's a strong response.

- The letter should not be emotional
- The letter should focus on presenting evidence that proves why you are in fact conjugal
- Leave out statements like the one you said above regarding marriage being a sincere commitment with serious considerations. This makes it sound like your relationship is not "marriage like" and that you are in fact only at the commitment level of dating (not conjugal).
- Have a couple of friends read through your response to make sure there's no emotion and it's a logical presentation of facts to support conjugal.
- If you're really struggling with the letter, hire a Canadian immigration lawyer to help you. (Stay away from consultants.)

Good luck.

Sahara18

Jun 25, 2021
Thanks scylla! Appreciate your insights really. Thats true such a difficult time. But i gues it is what it is.

Will take it into consideration. As to hire a Lawyer. As this will really take a tol us us.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks scylla! Appreciate your insights really. Thats true such a difficult time. But i gues it is what it is.

Will take it into consideration. As to hire a Lawyer. As this will really take a tol us us.
If you are going to seriously contest this PFL, you need a lawyer. Please seriously consider this. The investment in a lawyer is far less than the toll being rejected and needing to face a more serious review each time you re-apply for sponsorship.

If you are rejected here, each time you apply in the future you will be under very strict scrutiny. Temporary visas will generally not be available. So on and so on.

Sahara18

Jun 25, 2021
Will take it in serious consideration. We both think to sent a genuine letter of explanation but surely will get refuse.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Will take it in serious consideration. We both think to sent a genuine letter of explanation but surely will get refuse.
If your letter of explanation does not clearly address why you are actually conjugal, it will not change the decision maker's mind. If you are just going to say "We don't want to get married because we don't want to make that commitment to each other right now," it will not change the decision maker's mind and may make things worse for you as it would appear you are not genuinely in a conjugal relationship.

If you have grounds to argue that you are actually conjugal, you almost definitely need a lawyer to write the letter.

Reactions: YVR123 and armoured