+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Sponsorship

mahyjooon

Aug 26, 2018
You haven’t specified if you are a Canadian citizen or a PR. Your partner’s marriage is likely going to become an issue eventually and it is advisable for your own future for him to get a divorce. As someone’s spouse they could contest things like inheritance, medical decision making, etc. Your partner should be consulting a Canadian lawyer about how remaining married could become problematic. As long as divorce is possible in the country I would encourage your partner to move forward with a divorce. He has clearly moved on and families will have to accept that he is no longer with his wife. Whether he wants to share that he is in a new relationship after that it will be his choice. You can get divorced without having to divulge that you are in a new relationship and sounds like a same sex relationship.
Sorry for not giving specifics, I am applying for PR For Québec and I've got accepted in the first stage, now i have to send documents and I wanted to see if there are others in a situation like me. Of course he will get a Divorce but not while in the country. By the problems I mean it was a very abusive relationship and he will fill for divorce after leaving the country, and the divorce can take up to couple years and we want to move on with our life.
One thing I found was that if they believe our relationship, the other person (the wife) will not be considered as family class. Is this possible or an option? We are wiling to do what is necessary for the immigration.