+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Sponsorship Help

Jxbber

Mar 24, 2020
I have a few questions about the conjugal sponsorship application process for someone with experience. One part of the application it asks for "proof of financial support and or dependency such as bank accounts, remittances, etc". I currently do not share any bank accounts or get financially supported by my partner since she lives in Canada with her family and I live in the US with mine.

Also, do I submit anything to the Canadian embassy on my end? Or is the application all submitted in Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a few questions about the conjugal sponsorship application process for someone with experience. One part of the application it asks for "proof of financial support and or dependency such as bank accounts, remittances, etc". I currently do not share any bank accounts or get financially supported by my partner since she lives in Canada with her family and I live in the US with mine.

Also, do I submit anything to the Canadian embassy on my end? Or is the application all submitted in Canada?
How exactly do you qualify for conjugal? What are the legal and immigration barriers preventing you from marrying or becoming common-law?

Reactions: canuck78

Jxbber

Mar 24, 2020
How exactly do you qualify for conjugal? What are the legal and immigration barriers preventing you from marrying or becoming common-law?
My partner and I had plans on getting married this month or next since classes in Canada would've been over in late April but the way things are going with COVID-19 its not looking likely any time soon and she didn't want to risk being stuck in the US. I believe all borders are closed at the time anyways. I cannot legally leave the United States due to being an illegal alien that was brought over at a young age so that was out of my control. I do have a status in the US but cannot return to the US if I ever leave.

We were trying to do this process as soon as possible since my status in the US isn't permanent. I have DACA which can be terminated at any point and with the US President we have now, there are plans on actually cancelling the program and therefore I'd return to being an illegal alien that is at risk of deportation, ruined legal work opportunities, etc.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My partner and I had plans on getting married this month or next since classes in Canada would've been over in late April but the way things are going with COVID-19 its not looking likely any time soon and she didn't want to risk being stuck in the US. I believe all borders are closed at the time anyways. I cannot legally leave the United States due to being an illegal alien that was brought over at a young age so that was out of my control. I do have a status in the US but cannot return to the US if I ever leave.

We were trying to do this process as soon as possible since my status in the US isn't permanent. I have DACA which can be terminated at any point and with the US President we have now, there are plans on actually cancelling the program and therefore I'd return to being an illegal alien that is at risk of deportation, ruined legal work opportunities, etc.
The issue is that the border restrictions are temporary and will very likely be lifted long before a conjugal app is processed. At that point, there will be no barrier and IRCC could refuse the app.

Reactions: Buletruck