+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Sponsorship | Co-Signer Eligibility (Form IMM1344e)

RedBanzino

Jul 28, 2022
HELP!!!
I'm filling out IMM1344e (Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking)

and on Page 1, the form asks;
"Is there a co-signer on this application? (co-signer must be the spouse or common-law partner of the sponsor)"

Now the conflicting aspect is on Page 4, 'Co-signer Eligibility Assessment'
The form states in the first 3 questions that the co-signer must be:
18+ years of age
Canadian Citizen OR Permanent Resident
Reside in Canada (unless citizen living exclusively outside Canada)

Now!
where page 1 states the co-signer must be the spouse or common law partner of the sponsor (me being the sponsor)
how can my conjugal partner (principal applicant) be the co-signer without meeting all 3 of the requirements on page 4?

Can I ask that my mother or father is the co-signer? (not spouse or common-law partner **OBVIOUSLY**)

Pls help :,)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
HELP!!!
I'm filling out IMM1344e (Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking)

and on Page 1, the form asks;
"Is there a co-signer on this application? (co-signer must be the spouse or common-law partner of the sponsor)"

Now the conflicting aspect is on Page 4, 'Co-signer Eligibility Assessment'
The form states in the first 3 questions that the co-signer must be:
18+ years of age
Canadian Citizen OR Permanent Resident
Reside in Canada (unless citizen living exclusively outside Canada)

Now!
where page 1 states the co-signer must be the spouse or common law partner of the sponsor (me being the sponsor)
how can my conjugal partner (principal applicant) be the co-signer without meeting all 3 of the requirements on page 4?

Can I ask that my mother or father is the co-signer? (not spouse or common-law partner **OBVIOUSLY**)

Pls help :,)
You do not need a co-signer for a spousal sponsorship. The same form is used for many different immigration route. And co-sponsor only applies to a few specific sponsorship (e.g. parents and grand parents sponsorship where the spouse of the sponsor can help to contribute to the family income to meet the requirement)