+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Relationship

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be appling trough the mexico visa office for conjugal relationship and just wanted to know if anyone else can share their experinces doing it trough conjugal.

thx

Tiggilicious

Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2011
AOR Received.
28-06-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Request
31-07-2011
Med's Done....
14-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2011
I only heard its pretty difficult depending on your situation

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
sillymemo said:
I will be appling trough the mexico visa office for conjugal relationship and just wanted to know if anyone else can share their experinces doing it trough conjugal.

thx
I sent you a private message

sillymemo

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sillymemo said:

thx
I did as well,
thx

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi SillyMemo,

Before you spend a lot of time applying under conjugal partnership I think you should look at the guides and perhaps consider getting married. It would be terrible to lose all the money and time waiting only to be denied if there was something you could have done from the beginning to make sure you have the strongest application possible. The requirements are clear and can be found on the links I list below.

I am no expert on Conjugal Partnership but the guides say

You should not apply as a conjugal partner if:

* You could have lived together but chose not to. This shows that you did not have the level of commitment required for a conjugal relationship. (For example, one of you may not have wanted to give up a job or a course of study, or your relationship was not yet at the point where you were ready to live together.)
* You cannot provide evidence there was a reason that kept you from living together.

If your partner is Canadian then normally he would be admitted to Mexico without a problem and therefor perhaps you may not qualify for Conjugal partnership unless you can provide proof that he was denied a FM3 or FMM Mexican immigration document. (Canadians do not need a visa for stays up to 6 months, so worst case scenario he comes for 6 months on a FMM and then leaves for a while and then returns with another FMM) Has your partner been denied a FMM or FM3?

You may apply as a conjugal partner if:

you can provide evidence there was a reason you could not live together (for example, you were refused long-term stays in each other's country).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp#conjugal

You can also look at the OP2 Immigration Processing Members of the Family Class Manual to better understand what you need to do to qualify and how your relationship will be assessed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

Section 5.25 Characteristics of conjugal relationships
Section 5.26 Assessment of conjugal relationships