File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
she visited before last 2018 and unfortunately because of the travel restrictions during pandemic she cannot come here during those times and only had the opportunity this year.
She's a Philippines citizen, right?

Travel in 2021 was certainly possible (at least in the latter half of the year). Also 2019 was pre-COVID.

Anyway, it's ultimately up to you. If you feel that you can explain it, then you are of course very free to apply.

Was her ex spouse part of the 2019 PR application?

Cer Jay

May 16, 2022
She's a Philippines citizen, right?

Travel in 2021 was certainly possible (at least in the latter half of the year). Also 2019 was pre-COVID.

Anyway, it's ultimately up to you. If you feel that you can explain it, then you are of course very free to apply.

Was her ex spouse part of the 2019 PR application?
i think so yes, her ex spouse is part of PR application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i think so yes, her ex spouse is part of PR application.
OK - so then you really can't rely on any visits before that date. The 2018 visit is irrelevant to your argument. So are any visits before that (i.e. before 2018). You've had one visit together this year.

Or, if you're saying that you were in a relationship back in 2018, then this means your partner committed misrepresentation in the PR application. That would be a big problem.

This is complicated.

Reactions: canuck78 and YVR123

Cer Jay

May 16, 2022
you think there is another way we can get married there in canada? i will try to re apply for a trv early next year

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
you think there is another way we can get married there in canada? i will try to re apply for a trv early next year
You can certainly try applying for another TRV. You'll need to overcome the reasons why your first TRV was refused. Also, your partner's divorce will need to be finalized first (before you can get married).

If you can't get a TRV approved, then you will need to find another country which you can both visit and where you can get married (again, only after your partner's divorce in Canada is finalized).

I don't see conjugal working based on the latest info you've provided. Your partner committed misrepresentation if your relationship goes back to 2018 or 2019.

Cer Jay

May 16, 2022
thanks for the info
You can certainly try applying for another TRV. You'll need to overcome the reasons why your first TRV was refused. Also, your partner's divorce will need to be finalized first (before you can get married).

If you can't get a TRV approved, then you will need to find another country which you can both visit and where you can get married (again, only after your partner's divorce in Canada is finalized).

I don't see conjugal working based on the latest info you've provided. Your partner committed misrepresentation if your relationship goes back to 2018 or 2019.
thanks for the input. i hope my next application on my trv gets approved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks for the info

thanks for the input. i hope my next application on my trv gets approved.
No matter what your applications has a lot of hurdles because your partner should have never qualified for PR with her spouse. Did she qualify for PR or did she get PR because she was the spouse of someone applying for PR? It looks like they separated right after getting PR and she moved to another province making it very clear that they remained together to secure PR. The fact that she was only married to secure immigration while being in are relationship with you could cause problems for her status in Canada and make sponsorship difficult. Normally I would suggest that people apply for sponsorship without a consultant or lawyer but in your case if you are able to apply for sponsorship you should be using a lawyer (not consultant) so they can try to preserve your partner’s status in Canada while also applying for sponsorship. You should be planning on visiting because as @scylla has already indicated any relationship before 2019 just confirms that your partner lied to Canadian immigration.

Cer Jay

May 16, 2022
No matter what your applications has a lot of hurdles because your partner should have never qualified for PR with her spouse. Did she qualify for PR or did she get PR because she was the spouse of someone applying for PR? It looks like they separated right after getting PR and she moved to another province making it very clear that they remained together to secure PR. The fact that she was only married to secure immigration while being in are relationship with you could cause problems for her status in Canada and make sponsorship difficult. Normally I would suggest that people apply for sponsorship without a consultant or lawyer but in your case if you are able to apply for sponsorship you should be using a lawyer (not consultant) so they can try to preserve your partner’s status in Canada while also applying for sponsorship. You should be planning on visiting because as @scylla has already indicated any relationship before 2019 just confirms that your partner lied to Canadian immigration.
so best thing to try for now is TRV? can i state that the purpose of my visit is to see my partner for 2-3 weeks or should i state that it's just pure tourism?