+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

conjugal partner

Cer Jay

May 16, 2022
good day!

seeking for you suggestions and recommendation before we apply for conjugal partner.

i have a canadian citizen partner living in canada right now. we are currently in like marriage relationship for more than 4 years. most of it was LDR though she visited me twice here in the philippines (2018 and 2022). and we stayed together under the same roof on her sister's house for a month. are we eligible to apply for the conjugal partner giving the cons that we don't have anything that's under our name like insurances and properties. for now things that we can provide are pictures of us, with her family and our common friends when she visited me during her first and second visit. our daily conversations and video calls thru social media like messenger and ig. letter from our family members to prove that our relationship is true and genuine. the barrier i see is that we cannot live together here because she is still "legally" married on papers but physically separated since 2010. i tried applying for TRV last MAY and got my refusal letter just this SEPT. can we apply for conjugal partner right now while waiting for the final decision on her divorce?

Thanks for the time reading. any suggestions and recommendations will be appreciated.

Emmy@?7

Sep 7, 2022
My name is Emmanuel Joseph from Nigeria pls i need your help out of this country to Canada pls thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
the barrier i see is that we cannot live together here because she is still "legally" married on papers but physically separated since 2010. i tried applying for TRV last MAY and got my refusal letter just this SEPT. can we apply for conjugal partner right now while waiting for the final decision on her divorce?
You would likely be refused because the Canadian partner is just waiting for the divorce.

Wait for the divorce, and then get married.

Cer Jay

May 16, 2022
You would likely be refused because the Canadian partner is just waiting for the divorce.

Wait for the divorce, and then get married.
we can't get married for now because my trv was refused. and she just filed her divorce this oct.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
good day!

seeking for you suggestions and recommendation before we apply for conjugal partner.

i have a canadian citizen partner living in canada right now. we are currently in like marriage relationship for more than 4 years. most of it was LDR though she visited me twice here in the philippines (2018 and 2022). and we stayed together under the same roof on her sister's house for a month. are we eligible to apply for the conjugal partner giving the cons that we don't have anything that's under our name like insurances and properties. for now things that we can provide are pictures of us, with her family and our common friends when she visited me during her first and second visit. our daily conversations and video calls thru social media like messenger and ig. letter from our family members to prove that our relationship is true and genuine. the barrier i see is that we cannot live together here because she is still "legally" married on papers but physically separated since 2010. i tried applying for TRV last MAY and got my refusal letter just this SEPT. can we apply for conjugal partner right now while waiting for the final decision on her divorce?

Thanks for the time reading. any suggestions and recommendations will be appreciated.
I think it would be best to wait until your partner's divorce is finalized so that you can get married and then apply.

Based on the information you've provided, I think you may find it challenging to provide strong evidence that you truly have a "marriage like" relationship, It sounds like you've only spent two months together over four years and unfortunately have no evidence of shared assets (bank accounts, properties), insurance policies or anything else like that.

Is there anything else you have to prove the relationship? To me, this is why a conjugal application will be difficult.

IRCC may also wonder why your partner didn't finalize her divorce years ago if you've been in a committed relationship since 2018.

Of course you can certain try the conjugal path. I'm just not sure you have the evidence to back this up and for the application to be successful.

Cer Jay

May 16, 2022
Once she gets divorced, she can come to your country and get married or you can meet in a third country to do so.
we cannot get married here in the philippines because there is no divorce here. so technically she is still married here with her ex spouse.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
we cannot get married here in the philippines because there is no divorce here. so technically she is still married here with her ex spouse.
But if she is a Canadian citizen and getting her divorce done in Canada, then once she is divorced you can get married in another country. You don't need to marry in the Philippinnes. If you are in a "marriage-like" relationship you would show some joint funds, accounts, investments.

Reactions: armoured

Cer Jay

May 16, 2022
I think it would be best to wait until your partner's divorce is finalized so that you can get married and then apply.

Based on the information you've provided, I think you may find it challenging to provide strong evidence that you truly have a "marriage like" relationship, It sounds like you've only spent two months together over four years and unfortunately have no evidence of shared assets (bank accounts, properties), insurance policies or anything else like that.

Is there anything else you have to prove the relationship? To me, this is why a conjugal application will be difficult.

IRCC may also wonder why your partner didn't finalize her divorce years ago if you've been in a committed relationship since 2018.

Of course you can certain try the conjugal path. I'm just not sure you have the evidence to back this up and for the application to be successful.
she got PR status in 2019 then she move to another province and waited for a year before she can file her divorce just as the requirement for submitting a divorce.

can i re apply for a trv while waiting for the decision on her divorce paper?

Cer Jay

May 16, 2022
But if she is a Canadian citizen and getting her divorce done in Canada, then once she is divorced you can get married in another country. You don't need to marry in the Philippinnes. If you are in a "marriage-like" relationship you would show some joint funds, accounts, investments.
if this is so to happen then we would fall into common law and not into conjugal partner sponsorship, right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ah - I see. That makes it more complicated. I still think your evidence of a marriage-like relationship is unfortunately weak. Can you do anything to strengthen that before you apply?

Cer Jay

May 16, 2022
Ah - I see. That makes it more complicated. I still think your evidence of a marriage-like relationship is unfortunately weak. Can you do anything to strengthen that before you apply?
aside from pictures, video calls, stature letter from family and friends. remittance receipts and balikbayan boxes receipt be an additional points?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
aside from pictures, video calls, stature letter from family and friends. remittance receipts and balikbayan boxes receipt be an additional points?
Those things are somewhat helpful but not as helpful as shared assets.

I think part of the challenge I see with your profile is the lack of trips to visit each other. I understand COVID happened, but that would only explain 2020 and would not have stopped a trip in 2019 or 2021 for your partner.

I don't know. It's hard to say. You can certainly give it a shot and see what happens.

Cer Jay

May 16, 2022
Those things are somewhat helpful but not as helpful as shared assets.

I think part of the challenge I see with your profile is the lack of trips to visit each other. I understand COVID happened, but that would only explain 2020 and would not have stopped a trip in 2019 or 2021 for your partner.

I don't know. It's hard to say. You can certainly give it a shot and see what happens.
she visited before last 2018 and unfortunately because of the travel restrictions during pandemic she cannot come here during those times and only had the opportunity this year.