+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal partner

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
what does conjugal partner/ in a conjugal relationship means in Canada’s immigration?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have to have an immigration barrier preventing you from being able to get married or be common law. Best to explain your situation and the forum will tell you if you can apply for conjugal. Most people don’t.

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
You have to have an immigration barrier preventing you from being able to get married or be common law. Best to explain your situation and the forum will tell you if you can apply for conjugal. Most people don’t.
I have a boyfriend for 4 years now that lives in another country and we’re planning to get married this year. What is the best way to do it? He has a visitor visa valid until 2024. Is it best for him to come and get married here then apply for a inland sponsorship?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a boyfriend for 4 years now that lives in another country and we’re planning to get married this year. What is the best way to do it? He has a visitor visa valid until 2024. Is it best for him to come and get married here then apply for a inland sponsorship?
Not conjugal. You have to decide whether you want to apply for inland or Outland. Also depends if he needs to travel outside Canada or whether he can remain in Canada. He can only apply for OWP with inland.

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Not conjugal. You have to decide whether you want to apply for inland or Outland. Also depends if he needs to travel outside Canada or whether he can remain in Canada. He can only apply for OWP with inland.
What does OWP means? Is inland gonna be easier? He doesn’t have any plans to travel. Would he be able to stay in Canada while waiting for inland sponsorship with a tourist visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What does OWP means? Is inland gonna be easier? He doesn’t have any plans to travel. Would he be able to stay in Canada while waiting for inland sponsorship with a tourist visa?
Open work permit. You can apply for one at the same time as inland sponsorship. It will take around 4 months. Lots of similar questions on this forum. Just answered a similar question. Yes he can stay in Canada while applying. You should extend his visitor status until getting AOR. Would suggest you do some further reading and research.

Ruc

Mar 15, 2019
[QUOTE = "canuck78, post: 7749840, member: 678500"] Debe tener una barrera de inmigración que le impida casarse o ser ley común. Lo mejor es explicar su situación y el foro le dirá si puede solicitar el empleo conyugal. La mayoría de la gente no lo hace. [/ QUOTE]

Hola. Estoy interesado en enviar mi solicitud como padres conyugales. Tengo una relación de 2 años con un ciudadano canadiense, se me han negado 3 visas de turista por lo que no he podido ingresar a Canadá. Él comparte la custodia de su hijo de 5 años de una relación anterior, debido a esto solo ha podido visitarme y no hemos vivido juntos por un año. Realmente no queremos casarnos porque queremos vivir en la ley de comunicaciones. Actualmente estoy embarazada de 5 meses. De acuerdo con mi situación, ¿crees que está bien postularse como padres conyugales?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
[QUOTE = "canuck78, post: 7749840, member: 678500"] Debe tener una barrera de inmigración que le impida casarse o ser ley común. Lo mejor es explicar su situación y el foro le dirá si puede solicitar el empleo conyugal. La mayoría de la gente no lo hace. [/ QUOTE]

Hola. Estoy interesado en enviar mi solicitud como padres conyugales. Tengo una relación de 2 años con un ciudadano canadiense, se me han negado 3 visas de turista por lo que no he podido ingresar a Canadá. Él comparte la custodia de su hijo de 5 años de una relación anterior, debido a esto solo ha podido visitarme y no hemos vivido juntos por un año. Realmente no queremos casarnos porque queremos vivir en la ley de comunicaciones. Actualmente estoy embarazada de 5 meses. De acuerdo con mi situación, ¿crees que está bien postularse como padres conyugales?
No porque ustedes pueden casar. El emberazo no ayudo el processo para ser mas rapido. Tienen que vivir juntos por un ano o casarte. Conjugales no es un opcion

Feb 14, 2020
I have tried to post this, but the system told me that it's sp*m. It is a sincere inquiry. Can anyone help me please?

My partner and I began communicating via the internet in April of 2019. In May 2019 we had an opportunity to me as she was in Germany (which is a lot closer than her country of birth) to investigate immigrating there. Our meeting was like fireworks and we decided to be a couple, permanently. I convinced her that Canada was a better choice for her and the children. She went back to her country of birth and began the process of her applying for a visitor's visa to Canada. She is a well educated lady and worked in the financial sector for over two decades in her country of birth. She and her two children received 10 year visas.

Once she arrived in Canada, she decided that she loves it here and we asked advice of a number of consultants, and decided on a Conjugal application. She is not divorced from her husband but they have lived separate lives for a number of years. I am legally separated from my wife for many years now.

It has been suggested to us that we should just wait until September and file a Common Law application, but as we began a physical relationship in May, our year will be completed sooner. She needs to start work (she is very employable, and has received job offers but must have the work permit to begin) so that we have enough of a stable income to support us and the children.

A key point... in her culture, it is considered to be wrong to divorce, and even if she chose to go that route, it will take many years to complete in her country of birth. (Does anyone know if it is possible to do it from here with less red tape?).

I got the children into school, and they are happy here. If she was sent back she and the children would experience shaming and possible violence from society. My partner would likely be subjected to physical harm from her ex (and she would never again be able to leave there during his lifetime as he could forbid her to leave).

Any thoughts? Also, with a Conjugal Application, does that include PR for her? Would the children also get PR, or is that totally separate?

Thank you in advance for your attention to this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have tried to post this, but the system told me that it's sp*m. It is a sincere inquiry. Can anyone help me please?

My partner and I began communicating via the internet in April of 2019. In May 2019 we had an opportunity to me as she was in Germany (which is a lot closer than her country of birth) to investigate immigrating there. Our meeting was like fireworks and we decided to be a couple, permanently. I convinced her that Canada was a better choice for her and the children. She went back to her country of birth and began the process of her applying for a visitor's visa to Canada. She is a well educated lady and worked in the financial sector for over two decades in her country of birth. She and her two children received 10 year visas.

Once she arrived in Canada, she decided that she loves it here and we asked advice of a number of consultants, and decided on a Conjugal application. She is not divorced from her husband but they have lived separate lives for a number of years. I am legally separated from my wife for many years now.

It has been suggested to us that we should just wait until September and file a Common Law application, but as we began a physical relationship in May, our year will be completed sooner. She needs to start work (she is very employable, and has received job offers but must have the work permit to begin) so that we have enough of a stable income to support us and the children.

A key point... in her culture, it is considered to be wrong to divorce, and even if she chose to go that route, it will take many years to complete in her country of birth. (Does anyone know if it is possible to do it from here with less red tape?).

I got the children into school, and they are happy here. If she was sent back she and the children would experience shaming and possible violence from society. My partner would likely be subjected to physical harm from her ex (and she would never again be able to leave there during his lifetime as he could forbid her to leave).

Any thoughts? Also, with a Conjugal Application, does that include PR for her? Would the children also get PR, or is that totally separate?

Thank you in advance for your attention to this.
This is 100% not a conjugal sponsorship as defined by CIC. As children with visitor status they should also be paying international student tuition.

Jasper05

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
This is 100% not a conjugal sponsorship as defined by CIC. As children with visitor status they should also be paying international student tuition.
Hi I have a question I have a boyfriend for 8 years I am 26 years old, I came here in Canada as a student and luckily I was able to get a work permit in a few months My contract will be expired I will be applying Permanent Resident. I can even apply anytime since I’m working as caregiver. Me and my boyfriend was planning to get married but due to the situation right now it would be impossible. We were planning before it just that we respect our parents and we think it’s too early for us.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I have a question I have a boyfriend for 8 years I am 26 years old, I came here in Canada as a student and luckily I was able to get a work permit in a few months My contract will be expired I will be applying Permanent Resident. I can even apply anytime since I’m working as caregiver. Me and my boyfriend was planning to get married but due to the situation right now it would be impossible. We were planning before it just that we respect our parents and we think it’s too early for us.
You don't qualify as conjugal. You will need to wait until you have gotten married before you can include him in your PR application or sponsor him for PR.

Feb 14, 2020
The lawyer lied to us about this (to get their money). The children were accepted into school, after I pointed out that they would be longterm and that education is considered a right. Since that time, I have obtained study permits for them, and all is well.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The lawyer lied to us about this (to get their money). The children were accepted into school, after I pointed out that they would be longterm and that education is considered a right. Since that time, I have obtained study permits for them, and all is well.
As visitors they are supposed to get study permits and pay international tuition until their mother had a work or study permit in Canada or had PR.

azzazza

Feb 27, 2024
Can anyone tell if this is a conjugal case?

I am a transmale and a canadian citizen. I have overseas girlfreind for past three years. I went there to get married but my in laws have forced the gf to leave me three days after she was with me. We did try to get married but according the the laws of the country where she lives it is not possible to marry trans. So the marriage ceremony happened but later the marriage document was taken from us and we were separated forcefully. Now she is forced to get married someone else.

Can we ask IRCC for conjugal PR and can they do it asap?
Should I get a TRV instead? What are my chances of approval?