+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

conjugal partner

ryanrakan

Apr 2, 2018
hi. i am a gay person from an arabic country .my question is can my boyfriend sponsor me as a conjugal partner?.knowing that we were together since 2 years now.he is from toronto .i have applied for a visa twice .but they refuse it ..gay marriage in my country is not legal .

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
hi. i am a gay person from an arabic country .my question is can my boyfriend sponsor me as a conjugal partner?.knowing that we were together since 2 years now.he is from toronto .i have applied for a visa twice .but they refuse it ..gay marriage in my country is not legal .
Yes, your boyfriend can sponsor you as a conjugal partner if your boyfriend meets the eligibility requirements and you are able to prove genuine relationship..........Refer...If you’re in conjugal relationship
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

.........Who can and cannot be sponsor..........
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

Last edited:
Reactions: ryanrakan

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Have you tried looking at a 3rd country you could secure a visa or travel to, that allows same-sex marriage? This would be a preferred choice since conjugal app would be much more difficult to prove.

ryanrakan

Apr 2, 2018
Have you tried looking at a 3rd country you could secure a visa or travel to, that allows same-sex marriage? This would be a preferred choice since conjugal app would be much more difficult to prove.
Yes. But once I get married I can't return to my country marring a men
... And how I can be with him in Toronto?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Yes. But once I get married I can't return to my country marring a men
... And how I can be with him in Toronto?
How would they know you're married?

You will need to wait until an application for PR (under conjugal or as married) is fully approved, then you can come to Canada.

ryanrakan

Apr 2, 2018
How would they know you're married?

You will need to wait until an application for PR (under conjugal or as married) is fully approved, then you can come to Canada.
You mean we can be married. But not living together. And still can sponsor me ? Or even if we are married we must live with each other at least one year ?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You mean we can be married. But not living together. And still can sponsor me ? Or even if we are married we must live with each other at least one year ?
Once you are married, your partner can return to Canada and sponsor you while you stay in your home country. There is no requirement for living together (that is for common-law which doesn't apply to you).

If he's a PR, he must be living in Canada to be eligible to sponsor you.

ryanrakan

Apr 2, 2018
Once you are married, your partner can return to Canada and sponsor you while you stay in your home country. There is no requirement for living together (that is for common-law which doesn't apply to you).

If he's a PR, he must be living in Canada to be eligible to sponsor you.
Good. So you think getting married is easier and faster than conjugal?

ryanrakan

Apr 2, 2018
Yes, your boyfriend can sponsor you as a conjugal partner if your boyfriend meets the eligibility requirements and you are able to prove genuine relationship..........Refer...If you’re in conjugal relationship
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

.........Who can and cannot be sponsor..........
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html
How can I prove that I am in a conjugal relationship with my partner? We are in Facebook we are messaging each other and video call each other every day. His friends know about us....

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Good. So you think getting married is easier and faster than conjugal?
Yes, definitely.

Here is what you need to prove for a conjugal app, it can be very difficult: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf
5.25. Characteristics of conjugal relationships
5.26. Assessment of conjugal relationships
5.45. What is a conjugal partner?
5.46. Can conjugal partners be substitutes for fiancé(e)s?
5.47. Assessment of conjugal partner relationships

ryanrakan

Apr 2, 2018