+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Partner Visa

Ded Moroz

Oct 4, 2006
Hi everyone,

I am trying to bring my russian girlfriend to Canada, however as most of you know, it is not easy for a single russian girl to come to this country.

So I found this immigration law: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/familymembers.html#conjugal
and I found it fits our situation since she cannot come to Canada due to immigration issues, and I cannot live or work in Russia due to the language barrier.

I searched the board for similar experiences, but what I mainly found were people trying to get their american boyfriend/girlfriend to Canada using a conjugal partner visa, I doubt there could be a valid language or cultural barrier in that case.

Has anyone ever gone through this process? In theory it sounds feasable but in practice people might have had a different experience.

Thanks for your help! :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ded Moroz said:
Hi everyone,

I am trying to bring my russian girlfriend to Canada, however as most of you know, it is not easy for a single russian girl to come to this country.

So I found this immigration law: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/familymembers.html#conjugal
and I found it fits our situation since she cannot come to Canada due to immigration issues, and I cannot live or work in Russia due to the language barrier.

I searched the board for similar experiences, but what I mainly found were people trying to get their american boyfriend/girlfriend to Canada using a conjugal partner visa, I doubt there could be a valid language or cultural barrier in that case.

Has anyone ever gone through this process? In theory it sounds feasable but in practice people might have had a different experience.

Thanks for your help! :)
The chances are somewhere between nil and none, as there are no impediments to marriage right? Not be able to speak the language wouldn't fly and CIC would probably ask the question how do you speak to your girlfriend.

PMM

Ded Moroz

Oct 4, 2006
Well she speaks some english and I know some russian, but not nearly enough to hold a conversation, her english is way better than my russian in that regard.

But I get your point, since nothing is stopping us from getting married (ie. me flying to Russia, marrying her and coming back), that the conjugal partner category cannot apply to us. I thought it would be enough that we couldn't live together..