+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Partner Sponsorship/ TRV Application

maricar.lala

Apr 2, 2011
Hello,

I have been following a few thread about the Conjugal Partner Sponsorships for Filipinos previously married in the Philippines and have a partner in Canada.

I’m in the same boat with my boyfriend in the Philippines. I know that applying for a TRV is a must to start the sponsorship. Can someone tell me which TRV category my boyfriend should apply under? There is visiting a spouse or common law partner and visiting family and friends. I’m worried if he selected visiting a friend and later on we applied for the conjugal partner sponsorship that IRCC would question the relationship.

Also since divorce is not available in the Philippines and starting an annulment case could get really costly, anyone here that got approved without the annulment/separations docs as proof that your partner’s already separated?

Lastly, proof of communication by chat are all in Filipino language, how do I get them translated to English (if required)?

I’d really appreciated any response.

Thank you and God bless!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I have been following a few thread about the Conjugal Partner Sponsorships for Filipinos previously married in the Philippines and have a partner in Canada.

I’m in the same boat with my boyfriend in the Philippines. I know that applying for a TRV is a must to start the sponsorship. Can someone tell me which TRV category my boyfriend should apply under? There is visiting a spouse or common law partner and visiting family and friends. I’m worried if he selected visiting a friend and later on we applied for the conjugal partner sponsorship that IRCC would question the relationship.

Also since divorce is not available in the Philippines and starting an annulment case could get really costly, anyone here that got approved without the annulment/separations docs as proof that your partner’s already separated?

Lastly, proof of communication by chat are all in Filipino language, how do I get them translated to English (if required)?

I’d really appreciated any response.

Thank you and God bless!
Apply as visiting friend since you aren’t married and aren’t common law. I would include an invitation letter explaining that you are inviting your boyfriend. Unfortunately that will likely guarantee a refusal but you will have your evidence for the conjugal application.