+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

conjugal partner sponsorship question

dav157

Nov 3, 2016
Hello,

My Girlfriend and I have been together for over 3 years. I have been a student in the states (F visa colombian)and she is canadian so she is a student as well in canada. We have an incredible amount of evidence since we have been together for Christmas new years halloweens thanksgivings vacations events. I have an amazing relationship with her family and we have all traveled together. Since we are only about 10 hours away we visit each other atleast once a month and I have spent almost entire summers in canada and she has came to the states to visit me for months. Our families knows each other, it's a legit relationship that has been ongoing for more than 3 years. So the moment of truth is coming where I have to decide whether to stay in the states or move with her. We love each other, but we are 22 years old and too young to get married. We want to get married when we are both settle down after we graduate from school and have some income atleast (she lives in quebec and changed major so she has 2 more years left) the point is we have not cohabitated for 12 months together in one shot since I always had to go back for my obligations in the states and she had to do the same. Sure we visit once a month and length of stays can range from 1 week to 1 month but that wont be enough to prove common law.

Do any of you think Conyugal would work? I have plane and bus tickets to show my entrances and departures of canada and she has the same evidence to the states. In these past 3 years, I have spent almost 300 days in Canada with her and she has spent about 100 in the states with me. I just want to know if there is anyone out there in the same or similar situation that has been approved.

In general for our situation what would be our chances, do we really have to get married just to prove we love each other?

Thank you.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
dav157 said:
Hello,

My Girlfriend and I have been together for over 3 years. I have been a student in the states (F visa colombian)and she is canadian so she is a student as well in canada. We have an incredible amount of evidence since we have been together for Christmas new years halloweens thanksgivings vacations events. I have an amazing relationship with her family and we have all traveled together. Since we are only about 10 hours away we visit each other atleast once a month and I have spent almost entire summers in canada and she has came to the states to visit me for months. Our families knows each other, it's a legit relationship that has been ongoing for more than 3 years. So the moment of truth is coming where I have to decide whether to stay in the states or move with her. We love each other, but we are 22 years old and too young to get married. We want to get married when we are both settle down after we graduate from school and have some income atleast (she lives in quebec and changed major so she has 2 more years left) the point is we have not cohabitated for 12 months together in one shot since I always had to go back for my obligations in the states and she had to do the same. Sure we visit once a month and length of stays can range from 1 week to 1 month but that wont be enough to prove common law.

Do any of you think Conyugal would work? I have plane and bus tickets to show my entrances and departures of canada and she has the same evidence to the states. In these past 3 years, I have spent almost 300 days in Canada with her and she has spent about 100 in the states with me. I just want to know if there is anyone out there in the same or similar situation that has been approved.

In general for our situation what would be our chances, do we really have to get married just to prove we love each other?

Thank you.
I will make an assumption here that you are a same-sex couple. If this is incorrect, please advise.

Both countries accept same-sex marriage and both societies are accepting of same-sex relationships. Therefore there is no chance that a conjugal relationship application would work. If you are not willing to marry, then your best option is to pick Canada or the US, and lay down roots together. Once the common-law duration has passed, file for sponsorship under common-law. To bypass this, you can get married, then there is no 1 year minimum.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
dav157 said:

Thank you.
no, a conjungal application definitely will not work. there are no barriers to you seeing eachother, becoming commonlaw or getting married, and the proofs you have listed confirm this. conjugal is very tough to prove and is specific to people who have real immigration barriers to being together - us/canadian couples generally don't have barriers. you either have to prove commonlaw status or get married to be sponsored for PR. do not even attempt conjugal, that will be a waste of money, effort or time.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dav157 said:

Thank you.
Of course not. Marriage does not suddenly prove that you love each other.

In your situation, marriage would be the only way to apply for spousal sponsorship now, or within the foreseeable future.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016