Med's Request
11-05-2018
Med's Done....
13-05-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2019
We applied March 28th to CIC Mississauga. No news yet. I’m trying to find info in this forum but not much. Can I follow the same timeline as any spousal sponsorship or is there a big difference in timeline for conjugal ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
We applied March 28th to CIC Mississauga. No news yet. I’m trying to find info in this forum but not much. Can I follow the same timeline as any spousal sponsorship or is there a big difference in timeline for conjugal ?
I suspect that the burden of proof in a conjugal relationship application may be higher, so if there are questions raised in the application, it may take longer. However, an eligible, well prepared and documented application should be much the same timeline as any other spousal application.

One assumes that you are actually eligible to apply under this specific application type?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
March 28 was only a couple of weeks ago, it can take up to 8 weeks to receive acknowledgment.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
What were your legal barriers to becoming married or common-law?

fara. CQ

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
28-03-2018
AOR Received.
05-05-2018
File Transfer...
27-06-2018
Med's Request
11-05-2018
Med's Done....
13-05-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2019
So this is a long story to explain my situation: I am legally separated and going through a divorce that may take years. It has already been 2 and have no date when divorce court will even start. It is with an individual who lives internationally and our belongings and properties are also international. and I have full custody of my 4 young children from that union. The children’s passports are held by the court and cannot travel right now without his approval (he maintains his parental authority). Thus, I cannot simply move to my partners county (Costa Rica) and become common law because of my very big responsibilities of my children. My partner applied to visit us but was refused for lacking of travel, etc by Canada (last year). We are together as a couple for 2 years. I have been able to visit many times for short visits (4-6) days by having babysitters for my 4 kids.
My partner and I talk everyday, share bank accounts and he has full power of attorney for my landrover that is his country. He is well educated, an architect and knows and loves my 4 children (from the year I lived with my ex in Costa Rica. (He built our home)) We have thousands of pics together. Family and later as a couple on trips and all my visits. I made collages with all many pics and explained each one and sent a screen shot of WhatsApp and fb messenger conversations from each month since February 2016. I sent all my court orders about the custody and my lawyer wrote a letter clearly confirming my situation. We had many of our friends and family sign a paper confirming our commited and public relationship. And of course all other supporting documents.
This is a looong history and a bit complicated but simple in the end. I can’t move to his country with my kids, that are my full responsibility (because their father gallavants around the world) and my partner cannot simply come here.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
So this is a long story to explain my situation: I am legally separated and going through a divorce that may take years. It has already been 2 and have no date when divorce court will even start. It is with an individual who lives internationally and our belongings and properties are also international. and I have full custody of my 4 young children from that union. The children’s passports are held by the court and cannot travel right now without his approval (he maintains his parental authority). Thus, I cannot simply move to my partners county (Costa Rica) and become common law because of my very big responsibilities of my children. My partner applied to visit us but was refused for lacking of travel, etc by Canada (last year). We are together as a couple for 2 years. I have been able to visit many times for short visits (4-6) days by having babysitters for my 4 kids.
My partner and I talk everyday, share bank accounts and he has full power of attorney for my landrover that is his country. He is well educated, an architect and knows and loves my 4 children (from the year I lived with my ex in Costa Rica. (He built our home)) We have thousands of pics together. Family and later as a couple on trips and all my visits. I made collages with all many pics and explained each one and sent a screen shot of WhatsApp and fb messenger conversations from each month since February 2016. I sent all my court orders about the custody and my lawyer wrote a letter clearly confirming my situation. We had many of our friends and family sign a paper confirming our commited and public relationship. And of course all other supporting documents.
This is a looong history and a bit complicated but simple in the end. I can’t move to his country with my kids, that are my full responsibility (because their father gallavants around the world) and my partner cannot simply come here.
That seems reasonable for a conjugal application. There is one issue that will cause a problem however. Unless you are willing to leave your children behind, you will need their father's formal consent to remove them to Canada. If he refuses, then they will have to be defined as non-accompanying or IRCC will expect a court order giving you the authority to remove them. They will also need medical examination but as you have actual custody, that should not be a problem.

fara. CQ

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
28-03-2018
AOR Received.
05-05-2018
File Transfer...
27-06-2018
Med's Request
11-05-2018
Med's Done....
13-05-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2019
Further info if I wasn’t clear. I am the sponsor, Canadian Citizen by birth, in Canada now with my 4 children, in a relationship with a Costa Rican.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I'm not sure how a visa officer will view a case where the divorce itself is not a legal barrier (as it will eventually happen), it's just the length of time it will take seems unreasonable. They may suggest you need to wait until your divorce is finalized, marry your current partner, then apply as spouses. This would have nothing to do with your current relationship as that is obviously genuine, but entirely to do with the barrier to marriage/common-law.

However I'm just guessing worst case, a more reasonable visa officer may see this as a true barrier and allow the conjugal app. No way to know except to try and hope for the best.

Reactions: fara. CQ

fara. CQ

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
28-03-2018
AOR Received.
05-05-2018
File Transfer...
27-06-2018
Med's Request
11-05-2018
Med's Done....
13-05-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2019
Yes, I agree, that’s what we are doing.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Further info if I wasn’t clear. I am the sponsor, Canadian Citizen by birth, in Canada now with my 4 children, in a relationship with a Costa Rican.
Ah, that makes a big difference... Thanks for the clarification. I suspect that I lost the plot somewhere. ;-)

Jhaeda1124

Oct 4, 2018
Hi im new here and i would like to know if me and my bf will be fit for a conjugal sponsorship..here is our situation i am from the Philippines working in Romania and he is a Romanian born citizen but now holds a Canadian citizenship we met each other online and was comunicating since march2017 he was not able to come and visit me to Romania so he invited me to come and visit him last sept 4 and i stayed til sept 29 i had to go back to Romania due to my job.we have a detailed emails and chats that we can print as it is one of the requirements but we are lacking of pictures together.do you think we can be approved as conjugal partners?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi im new here and i would like to know if me and my bf will be fit for a conjugal sponsorship..here is our situation i am from the Philippines working in Romania and he is a Romanian born citizen but now holds a Canadian citizenship we met each other online and was comunicating since march2017 he was not able to come and visit me to Romania so he invited me to come and visit him last sept 4 and i stayed til sept 29 i had to go back to Romania due to my job.we have a detailed emails and chats that we can print as it is one of the requirements but we are lacking of pictures together.do you think we can be approved as conjugal partners?
Unfortunately, you guys will not be qualified as conjugal partners. You and your boyfriend has no legal barrier to get married or to become common law (to be considered as common law, you and your bf to live togather 12 consecutive months)

Jhaeda1124

Oct 4, 2018
Hello again,as we all know in order for me and my bf to be in a common law partner we have to be living together in 12months but the visa has to be renew every six months..what are the chances of my visa being granted if our main reason is because we want to be in a common law situation.please help me understand coz i want to know what are the possible way for my visa extension to be granted.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello again,as we all know in order for me and my bf to be in a common law partner we have to be living together in 12months but the visa has to be renew every six months..what are the chances of my visa being granted if our main reason is because we want to be in a common law situation.please help me understand coz i want to know what are the possible way for my visa extension to be granted.
Provided you can show sufficient proof of finances, there should be no issues getting an extension.

Reactions: Jhaeda1124