+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal partner inquiry

CAhelp1

Aug 18, 2019
Hello people! I have a question regarding applying for AIPP with a conjugal partner. Based on my research we need to prove our relationship by joint bank account, rental housing under both names for at least an year etc. However, my girlfriend is studying and is in her third year in college. She would not be able to come and live in Canada for another year at least. What would be the better option, applying for permanent residence with my application or should I sponsor her after she graduates? She will be coming to Canada to visit me occasionally, however I am not sure if the immigration officers will let her in the country if she says that she is visiting me, due to illegal immigration reasons. What are your thoughts? Thank you in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello people! I have a question regarding applying for AIPP with a conjugal partner. Based on my research we need to prove our relationship by joint bank account, rental housing under both names for at least an year etc. However, my girlfriend is studying and is in her third year in college. She would not be able to come and live in Canada for another year at least. What would be the better option, applying for permanent residence with my application or should I sponsor her after she graduates? She will be coming to Canada to visit me occasionally, however I am not sure if the immigration officers will let her in the country if she says that she is visiting me, due to illegal immigration reasons. What are your thoughts? Thank you in advance!
Conjugal is a special class allowed under spousal sponsorship and refugee classes. A conjugal partner cannot be included in economic class immigration apps.

You need to either marry or become common-law if you want to include your partner in your app.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there are exceptional cases. But you would have to be LGBT and coming from country where there is no way to properly live together (so we would be talking about countries like Iran or Saudi Arabia for example). Other than that your only option is common law / marriage.

CAhelp1

Aug 18, 2019
Thank you for your responses! I am currently working in London England, my girlfriend is studying in Hungary. We lived together for an year, however last year I moved to work in London while she continued with her studies. Now I am waiting for WES evaluation and looking for a designated employer. If everything goes well and I get sponsored through AIPP program can I prove our conjugal/common law relationship or we nees to get married?, and get her a permanent status while she continues studying without moving with me in Canada?She will visit me from time to time though. Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your responses! I am currently working in London England, my girlfriend is studying in Hungary. We lived together for an year, however last year I moved to work in London while she continued with her studies. Now I am waiting for WES evaluation and looking for a designated employer. If everything goes well and I get sponsored through AIPP program can I prove our conjugal/common law relationship or we nees to get married?, and get her a permanent status while she continues studying without moving with me in Canada?She will visit me from time to time though. Thank you!
If you lived together for at least one full year, you are common-law. However, you need to be able to prove it. If you can't prove it, your other option is to marry. Conjugal is not an option for you.

If she is included, she would have to land in Canada to become a PR but could the return home to finish her studies.