+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal or common law

cherubz

Jun 25, 2008
Help

My boyfriend is a canadian citizen and he would like to sponsor me but we dont know under what category of family should we apply. We've been together for more than a year and now planning to reside in Canada. We are working in the same company as it is how we've met here in Dubai, UAE. but since this is a Muslim country we are not allowed to live-in together and so forth. We've had a couple of trips abroad and our union is not kept secret among the people we knew. on which should category should we apply? Can anyone give me advise please

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cherubz said:
Help

My boyfriend is a canadian citizen and he would like to sponsor me but we dont know under what category of family should we apply. We've been together for more than a year and now planning to reside in Canada. We are working in the same company as it is how we've met here in Dubai, UAE. but since this is a Muslim country we are not allowed to live-in together and so forth. We've had a couple of trips abroad and our union is not kept secret among the people we knew. on which should category should we apply? Can anyone give me advise please
Well you have a bit of problem, as your are not common/law and probably not conjugal, as there is probably no impediment for marriage. So you either have to live together for a year or get married.

PMM