+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

conjugal migration

joti

Aug 4, 2008
My partner have applied under conjugal migration and nothing has come to us as for now after 19 months so now we decided to get married what we supposed to do now please give me some advise.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Get married and update your application with CIC that you got married. It is extremely hard to get conjugal sponsorships through or so I have heard.

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
The conjugal partnership is only available for couples that CANT get married in their present situation. For example, gay/lesbian/trans couples or A couple were one person is Chilean and has been married and couldn't get a divorce b/c the Chile Government just recently allowed Divorce and the back log for divorces is..loooong. I am sure there are more examples, but the point is... Conjugal Partnership is for couples that Cannot get married, Not that they CHOOSE not to get married.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can't get married, if you can still live together for 12 months, you can qualify as common law so that is why it's very hard to get conjugal approval. Immigration will want to know why you can not get married or live together either.