+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Application - Supporting Letters from friends/family

venicedavis

Feb 14, 2018
Hi Everyone!
I need insights to our Conjugal Application, I am a PR now in Canada, and my bf is in the Philippines. Now, we need to provide letters coming frm frnds/relatives, and I know for the fact that it is better that the letters get Notarized there, but we have letters coming from U.S and here in Canada as well , for the said 2 countries, should it also get notarized? or its okay and leave it like that.

Thank you in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can you explain why you are applying as conjugal? Is it impossible for you to get married? Are you unable to live together for a year to become common law? Has your BF already applied for a TRV and been refused?

venicedavis

Feb 14, 2018
Can you explain why you are applying as conjugal? Is it impossible for you to get married? Are you unable to live together for a year to become common law? Has your BF already applied for a TRV and been refused?
yes, he applied for a TRV twice and been refused. we just want to try the Conjugal since we are in a LDR, it might work and we dont want to get married yet, we just wanted to be together. and since he got denied for TRV, we thinks its a plus, as a Immigration Barrier to be together, also my status here in Canada is PR, which only allows you to stay in the Philippines for few months.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hi Everyone!
I need insights to our Conjugal Application, I am a PR now in Canada, and my bf is in the Philippines. Now, we need to provide letters coming frm frnds/relatives, and I know for the fact that it is better that the letters get Notarized there, but we have letters coming from U.S and here in Canada as well , for the said 2 countries, should it also get notarized? or its okay and leave it like that.

Thank you in advance!
Can I ask why you are applying down the conjugal route? It's a very tough route to go down and just want to make sure you aren't wasting your time.

(Ah! Never mind..just saw Scylla asked same question!)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yes, he applied for a TRV twice and been refused. we just want to try the Conjugal since we are in a LDR, it might work and we dont want to get married yet, we just wanted to be together. and since he got denied for TRV, we thinks its a plus, as a Immigration Barrier to be together, also my status here in Canada is PR, which only allows you to stay in the Philippines for few months.
If you are free to marry - a conjugal application will be refused.

venicedavis

Feb 14, 2018
If you are free to marry - a conjugal application will be refused.
well yeah, we know it would be a reason for refusal ,but they can't force us to marry just to be together and get him here. So, we just wanted to try it first, . and regarding my inquiry, do you know if the letters coming from US and Canada should be notarized too? or only the letters comng frm the philippines?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would notarize everything. Going the conjugal route is going to be an extreme long-shot to say the least.

I assume you have other evidence to show that you have a marriage-like relationship and have combined your affairs? (i.e. joint assets/property, joint bank accounts, etc.)

And yes - CIC certainly cannot force you to get married. However CIC can and will refused you if you don't meet the conjugal definition. Please be prepared for the fact that this could be a very frustrating process for you. You may end up waiting 1-2 years for a decision only to be refused and be back at square one.

venicedavis

Feb 14, 2018
I would notarize everything. Going the conjugal route is going to be an extreme long-shot to say the least.

I assume you have other evidence to show that you have a marriage-like relationship and have combined your affairs? (i.e. joint assets/property, joint bank accounts, etc.)

And yes - CIC certainly cannot force you to get married. However CIC can and will refused you if you don't meet the conjugal definition. Please be prepared for the fact that this could be a very frustrating process for you. You may end up waiting 1-2 years for a decision only to be refused and be back at square one.
yes, we have joint accounts / bank accounts. I know this one will be tough, but my bf wanted to try it . wish us luck! evern if want to get married, we dont want to rush it. we just want to be together. I visited him twice while he is still in the US, and he applied for a TRV when he was still there. And denied twice, so I decided to visit him again for the 2nd time . But now, he is back in the Phils., we want to get married but not right now, we hope that this will work for us

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yes, we have joint accounts / bank accounts. I know this one will be tough, but my bf wanted to try it . wish us luck! evern if want to get married, we dont want to rush it. we just want to be together. I visited him twice while he is still in the US, and he applied for a TRV when he was still there. And denied twice, so I decided to visit him again for the 2nd time . But now, he is back in the Phils., we want to get married but not right now, we hope that this will work for us
What is your nationality out of curiosity?

venicedavis

Feb 14, 2018
What is your nationality out of curiosity?
Sorry if my thread confuse you, this is my short story about our application. we are both filipinos, I am on PR right now here in Canada and he just got back in the Phil last Nov. He went to US for a yr to work, while still there he tried to apply for a TRV in Canada but as I said, was denied. I came to visit him twice in US, and now his agent told us try Conjugal, at first I was skeptical about it, cuz I know how CIC works. But, to ease his mind we will give it a shot. we have remitannces, joint accounts, supportng letters, pictures together and etc etc. We know for a fact that its going to be a challenge, and we need some advise on this one. we already compile all the documents we need to send, including the letters, and will get it Notarized .

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Very, very unlikely this will work. Please consider the time and money you will be investing in this application.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry if my thread confuse you, this is my short story about our application. we are both filipinos, I am on PR right now here in Canada and he just got back in the Phil last Nov. He went to US for a yr to work, while still there he tried to apply for a TRV in Canada but as I said, was denied. I came to visit him twice in US, and now his agent told us try Conjugal, at first I was skeptical about it, cuz I know how CIC works. But, to ease his mind we will give it a shot. we have remitannces, joint accounts, supportng letters, pictures together and etc etc. We know for a fact that its going to be a challenge, and we need some advise on this one. we already compile all the documents we need to send, including the letters, and will get it Notarized .
That's what I was afraid of. In that case you have nothing stopping you from becoming common law since you can very easily and legally move to the Philippines and live together for a year to become common law. To be approved as a conjugal couple, you must demonstrate there are real immigration barrier preventing you from getting married and/or becoming common law. You have neither - you can very easily do both.

The agent is giving you very bad advice unfortunately. I would really really urge you to reconsider applying as conjugal. It's just going to end up being very frustrating and expensive - and in a year or two - you'll be back to where you started.

Your chances of being approved really are nil.

venicedavis

Feb 14, 2018
That's what I was afraid of. In that case you have nothing stopping you from becoming common law since you can very easily and legally move to the Philippines and live together for a year to become common law. To be approved as a conjugal couple, you must demonstrate there are real immigration barrier preventing you from getting married and/or becoming common law. You have neither - you can very easily do both.

The agent is giving you very bad advice unfortunately. I would really really urge you to reconsider applying as conjugal. It's just going to end up being very frustrating and expensive - and in a year or two - you'll be back to where you started.

Your chances of being approved really are nil.
But as a PR, I cant stay longer than 6 mos, or i will lose my status. And a common law it should be 1yr straight. I know ths will not work, but we already started it .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But as a PR, I cant stay longer than 6 mos, or i will lose my status. And a common law it should be 1yr straight. I know ths will not work, but we already started it .
That's completely false. You can remain outside of Canada for a few years and still keep your PR status. To keep your PR status, you must live in Canada for 2 out of every 5 rolling years.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Adding... Hope the agent didn't tell you the six month PR status thing. If your agent said this, you need to ditch your agent asap - they have absolutely no idea what they are doing.