+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion

fromlondon

Mar 14, 2024
I applied for a visit visa from the UK on the 25th of January. I printed out the biometric letter and went for biometrics, but after reaching there, I realized I missed one paper and couldn't complete my biometrics. So, I came back and tried to book another appointment, but couldn't find any available slots. Consequently, I submitted another application where I uploaded all the required documents. Regarding the biometrics, I stated that I had already provided them in 2017. Now, on the tracker, I can see that biometrics are marked as completed, but the background check is still in process for both applications. How long will it take to complete the background check?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for a visit visa from the UK on the 25th of January. I printed out the biometric letter and went for biometrics, but after reaching there, I realized I missed one paper and couldn't complete my biometrics. So, I came back and tried to book another appointment, but couldn't find any available slots. Consequently, I submitted another application where I uploaded all the required documents. Regarding the biometrics, I stated that I had already provided them in 2017. Now, on the tracker, I can see that biometrics are marked as completed, but the background check is still in process for both applications. How long will it take to complete the background check?
Can take up to a few months to complete background checks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it dependent on the individual country?I know someone who applied after me, and within 10 days of their biometric appointment, they received a rejection decision
I said that it can take up to multiple months. If your case is a clear approval or refusal and is decided by AI then you get a response much faster. If a person needs to review your application then it will take months.