+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion with WES Report/Two or more degrees

Rashmi1690

Jun 23, 2016
SanKanKun said:
Hi Rashmi,

Thanks for replying.

Just curious... how did u get to know you not getting points for your hisbands Two or More Degrees? Does it come in GCMS Notes? Or elsewhere?

Also, can you help me connct with the 1st Jan applicant ... thanks.

Cheers,
Kanika
Hi Kanika,

No problem, glad to be of any help. :)

We could figure out that we didn't get the points for 'two or more degrees' for spouse from our CRS score break-up. For spousal education we received only '8 points' which is for Bachelor's degree as compared to '9 points' for Two or more degrees.

It's been some time since I came across the 1st Jan applicant's case. I'll have to figure out the group she is in and also check if she's okay to connect. I'll check and get back to you.

Regards,
Rashmi

SidhuZ

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
SCR
App. Filed.......
24/04/2023
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
It is also mentioned in the ITA letter... the CRS break up

However, you can try various CRS calculators available to check break-up of points

For each education qualification, you need to mention the equivalence as mentioned in ECA report. Two or more degrees is not available now. But for each degree you select Bachelors (or whatever is in ECA report) and the points get calculated accordingly

Hope this helps

Rashmi1690

Jun 23, 2016
Rashmi1690 said:
Hi Kanika,

No problem, glad to be of any help. :)

We could figure out that we didn't get the points for 'two or more degrees' for spouse from our CRS score break-up. For spousal education we received only '8 points' which is for Bachelor's degree as compared to '9 points' for Two or more degrees.

It's been some time since I came across the 1st Jan applicant's case. I'll have to figure out the group she is in and also check if she's okay to connect. I'll check and get back to you.

Regards,
Rashmi
Hi Kanika,

I have sent you a personal message. please check. :)

Regards,
Rashmi

anshulz

Nov 4, 2016
I received an email from WES (based on re-evaluation request) as follows:

"The AICTE is responsible for accreditation/recognition in India. It does not accredit institutions as a whole but rather, individual programs of study. According to our resources, the program you were enrolled in is not accredited"

Vishan:

Do you have any update on the PGDBA fiasco with WES? I have submitted my wife's transcripts for re-assessment to IQAS; they have clear criteria where they have addressed this PGDBA issue for people applying from India. It states that they give an equivalence of certificate of diploma depending on the tenure of study and the institute has to be AICTE approved. For institutes where they are listed in AIU or their programs are accredited by NBA; their PGDBA's are assessed equivalent to a Masters degree.

What did you enter in your EE profile against your PGDBA?

Canadian equivalence for my wife is " Two years of Post secondary study at a non-recognised institution" but then in the Remarks below, it is mentioned " The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential"

I was thinking of entering "Two year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute"

What do you suggest?

anshulz

Nov 4, 2016
Hi Kanika,

I have sent you a personal message. please check. :)

Regards,
Rashmi
Hi Rashmi,

Canadian equivalence for my wife is " Two years of Post secondary study at a non-recognised institution" but then in the Remarks below, it is mentioned " The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential"

I was thinking of entering "Two year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute" or should i just enter "none or less than high school" or just not enter her PGDBM in the EE?

What do you suggest?

Jan 14, 2018
Did any one have ECA evaluation in the form of B.com and M.C.A . what is the equivalency you got . i have seen some many but haven't seen any one from B.com and M.C.A and if possible an abroad M.sc Degree from Europe . With 2 Master degree and 1 bachelor degree what would be the equivalency report .

Thanks .

Akshat_Canada

Jan 19, 2019
Hi All,
Can you all please advice me on what do I select for creating a profile.
My WES test result shows the below details:

Canadian Equivalency Summary
Bachelor's degree (four years) and Post graduate diploma (one year)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2010
Awarded By: University of Mumbai
Major/Specialization: Information Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution
Credential: Master of Business Administration
Year: 2015
Awarded By: Savitribai Phule Pune University
Major/Specialization: Business Administration
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year)

Will I be selecting "Two or more certificates, diploma or degrees" option?

Please help..
Hi Ash,

Was your MBA a full time or a part time course?

Regards,
Akshat

danishazami

Jan 27, 2019
I completed my Bachelors of Technology degree (which had already been evaluated and approved by WES long time ago.

I am currently also pursuing 1yr PostGraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHR) pursued from Amity School of Distance Learning (Amity University online) , Noida (India)

Just wanted to know if the Diploma(PGDHR) that i am currently pursuing online, will be recognized by WES and will I be awarded points for- Two or more degree/diploma on the Express Entry profile?

Achebi

May 18, 2019
Hi guys, I hope you can help me out with this
I got a BA in Linguistics in 2012 and then I got a one year BA in 2013. ( I had to submit transcripts of the first two years from the previous BA to apply for it). Then I got a one year certificate of teaching in 2015.
My question is: What equivalence would WES give me? A bachelor's degree or two or more degrees?
Thanks in advance