+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion with form 5669 background/declaration

Aug 5, 2019
Hello

My husband is filling out this form and there is much confusion with regards to sections
8. Personal history
It asks for the past 10 years of activity with no gaps in between.
He has been travelling all around the world and back to Argentina in between, there's no possibile way to list all of the things he was doing on separate lines (only 5 lines are provided).??

And 12. Addresses
Again, he has been travelling the world for the past 10 years. How is he supposed to approach this? We had a lease in Malta for only two months that we are using as proof of cohabitation at one point, but his legal address has always been his parents home. Is he supposed to list every single place he has temporarily "lived" during his travels?

Damn this process is very confusing and nerve racking !! Thank you anyone for any advice here.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

My husband is filling out this form and there is much confusion with regards to sections
8. Personal history
It asks for the past 10 years of activity with no gaps in between.
He has been travelling all around the world and back to Argentina in between, there's no possibile way to list all of the things he was doing on separate lines (only 5 lines are provided).??

And 12. Addresses
Again, he has been travelling the world for the past 10 years. How is he supposed to approach this? We had a lease in Malta for only two months that we are using as proof of cohabitation at one point, but his legal address has always been his parents home. Is he supposed to list every single place he has temporarily "lived" during his travels?

Damn this process is very confusing and nerve racking !! Thank you anyone for any advice here.
I think I just posted on your `other' thread. LOL!

Yes, all applicants have to provide very detailed information, for obvious reasons. You can create a document explaining the travel and address situation, but be as complete as possible. Give the document a name such as Addendum to IMM5669_[his name]. Include that with the application.

Reactions: YVR123

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
The addresses in the background declaration in my opinion refer to the places where you establish yourself with the intention to live a considerable time or do something other than spending time at the pool or at the beach. If you travel and live in different hotels, I don't belive that you have to list such as an address. If you had a lease on the other hand this is a bigger footprint so maybe it's worth noting especially if you use it as proof of cohabitation and not like a travel.
If travelling was the main activity for last years it can be a bit more complicated. Be consistent with the way you present the information.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The addresses in the background declaration in my opinion refer to the places where you establish yourself with the intention to live a considerable time or do something other than spending time at the pool or at the beach. If you travel and live in different hotels, I don't belive that you have to list such as an address. If you had a lease on the other hand this is a bigger footprint so maybe it's worth noting especially if you use it as proof of cohabitation and not like a travel.
If travelling was the main activity for last years it can be a bit more complicated. Be consistent with the way you present the information.
A good description. I think clearly any place less than a month isn't an 'address' in the normal sense - more or less as you say. Three months or more: clearly an address that should be disclosed. In-between: depends a bit, but usually would disclose as an address. In cases where something's not clear, a letter of explanation is an easy way to address (eg 'for six months between [months] I was travelling and spent most of the time in a yurt with a nomadic tribe [dakar road trip or whatever] in [countries], address listed is home/mailing address/head of expedition home base/ as no address possible during this time.'

Important to keep in mind two things:
-there is the 'address history' (what you were doing) form. This is clearly about places you were 'settled'. Short-term travelling and trips to beach not needed.
-there is the travel history form. As I recall not all nationalities/applicants need to provide this. This really is meant to show ALL travel. This can seem an impossible task for some who have travelled a lot. You provide what you can, indicating in a letter of explanation any ucnertainty (dates, etc). I've seen and not unusual to provide (for example) notes that one was in Schengen zone (EU countries) and don't ahve record of specific dates for those countries. Similar for other countries where stamps in passport are infrequent (including Canada). But make sure to account for trips to countries where there are stamps in passport. Also extremely important to note: disclosing refusals and rejections, etc., is mandatory. Not disclosing you visited Andorra on a road trip is likely not an issue - leave out that you got a US or Canada visa refusal WILL cause trouble, up to and including a ban for misrepresentation.

Reactions: Ponga