+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion with Dates, Delays and OWP?

Callaisla

Sep 22, 2019
Hi there, I’m hoping maybe someone can help shed some light or just simply reassure me that things sound normal for us!

We submitted our inland spousal sponsorship application and it was received on May 21st of this year. We were sent correspondence acknowledging the receipt of our application on August 7th of this year. Since then we have heard nothing and have seen no updates coming through. When we use the online tool to track our application, it shows two selections: Sponsorship Application Status and Permanents Residence Application Status. We had sent in an OWP application as well (and had it sent back originally because, like many others from what I can see here, we paid the wrong fee initially! So these dates reflect the re-submission of the whole package) but it doesn’t mention that anywhere on the online tool. I’m reading some of the posts in the May 2019 Inland Application thread and people have been receiving their OWPs and I’m so worried they don’t even have ours! Does this sound normal?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there, I’m hoping maybe someone can help shed some light or just simply reassure me that things sound normal for us!

We submitted our inland spousal sponsorship application and it was received on May 21st of this year. We were sent correspondence acknowledging the receipt of our application on August 7th of this year. Since then we have heard nothing and have seen no updates coming through. When we use the online tool to track our application, it shows two selections: Sponsorship Application Status and Permanents Residence Application Status. We had sent in an OWP application as well (and had it sent back originally because, like many others from what I can see here, we paid the wrong fee initially! So these dates reflect the re-submission of the whole package) but it doesn’t mention that anywhere on the online tool. I’m reading some of the posts in the May 2019 Inland Application thread and people have been receiving their OWPs and I’m so worried they don’t even have ours! Does this sound normal?
Your OWP processing time restarted when you submitted it again.

Callaisla

Sep 22, 2019
Your OWP processing time restarted when you submitted it again.
Yeah, I know. The dates I included in there were all post-resubmission so they received everything properly in May, then acknowledged the receipt of it all in August, we just still have yet to hear about the OWP and nowhere on my GCKey or on the online tool am I able to see anything about it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yeah, I know. The dates I included in there were all post-resubmission so they received everything properly in May, then acknowledged the receipt of it all in August, we just still have yet to hear about the OWP and nowhere on my GCKey or on the online tool am I able to see anything about it.
Ah, OK. Then you are at the upper limit of the OWP processing time. You can try contacting IRCC or waiting a bit longer.