+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion while filling express entry profile - Expert help- URGENT!!!

CECJune2014

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hello All,

I need expert advise here, my brother completed 3 years BCA and 2 years M.Sc in Information technology. As per WES Evaluation, he got evaluated as "Bachelor 4 years", Its really strange that they didn't consider masters and gave overall - Bachelor 4 years)

While filling Express entry profile, how should i fill my bachelors and Master Degree Information, Here are the options I could think of -

1)Should i select Bachelors as India degree and then Canada equivalency as "bachelor 3 or more years" without mentioning Master degree?
2)Should i add Bachelor and Master both and for Canada equivalency fill "bachelor 4 years" two times?
3)select Master degree and in canada equivalency show - "Bachelor 4 years) as highest degree and dont add India's bachelor degree.

Below is the WES report(for reference)
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY:

Bachelor's degree(four years)

Credential Analysis:

1 Credential auth: Official transcripts were sent directly by institution.
Credential: Bachelor of Computer Applications
Awarded By: *******
Major/specialization: Computer Applications
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree(three years)

2 Credential auth: Official transcripts were sent directly by institution.
Credential: Master of Science
Awarded By: *******
Major/specialization: Information Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors degree (four years)

Remarks - The equivalency of this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed(See #1) above

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
My understanding is they evaluated his both degrees equivalent to Canadian Bachelor degree.

So, go with choice #2 > Indian Bachelor's degree = Canadian Equivalency > Bacgelor's degree + Indian Master's degree = Canadian Equivalency > Bacgelor's degree

Reason: In ECA, they clearly have noted him having 2 degrees nominated by number 1 & 2
Both degrees are equivalent to Canadian Bachelor's degree (from the ECA) and thus your choice should be #2

I don't consider myself an expert, just making sense of what information you put in black and white!

Regards!

singhbaba

Sep 29, 2017
My understanding is they evaluated his both degrees equivalent to Canadian Bachelor degree.

So, go with choice #2 > Indian Bachelor's degree = Canadian Equivalency > Bacgelor's degree + Indian Master's degree = Canadian Equivalency > Bacgelor's degree

Reason: In ECA, they clearly have noted him having 2 degrees nominated by number 1 & 2
Both degrees are equivalent to Canadian Bachelor's degree (from the ECA) and thus your choice should be #2

I don't consider myself an expert, just making sense of what information you put in black and white!

Regards!
Thanks superspecial90 for your response.

I am in the same boat and the reason I am confused is with the Remarks and CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY which says Bachelor's degree(four years)

Do you know of someone who has filled the application using the same method. Sorry but want to be 100% sure before I hit Submit.

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
No, I don't know someone who has a similar case.

Please do not confuse yourself with this simple thing which is clearly written.
Your ECA says, you have 2 degrees which are both equivalent to Canadian bachelor's degree, period!

singhbaba

Sep 29, 2017
No, I don't know someone who has a similar case.

Please do not confuse yourself with this simple thing which is clearly written.
Your ECA says, you have 2 degrees which are both equivalent to Canadian bachelor's degree, period!
The reason for this confusion is when I filled my EE profile according to option 2

Indian Degree: Bachelors ........Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors
Indian Degree: Master .............Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors

with the above option it awarded me 451 points whereas when I check CRS calculator I was scoring 418 (selected highest degree as Bachelors). This is where I stopped to check if I was filing the application correctly.

Because I too feel the same way as you mentioned but lost confidence when there was point difference.

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hello All,

I need expert advice here, for education history in EE

Actually, I had submitted following credentials for assessment at that time

1) Transcripts of Bachelor of commerce(Full-time) , 3 Years from 2001 to 2004.

2) Transcripts of Diploma in business finance(Distance learning), 2 years from 2007 to 2009.

3) Designation certificate of Chartered Financial Analyst(Distance learning) , from 2009 to 2011.

As per WES Evaluation, I got evaluated as "Bachelor 4 years", Its really strange that they didn't consider diploma and considered diploma integrated with CFA and gave overall - Bachelor 4 years.

While filling Express entry profile, how should I fill education Information, Here are the options I could think of -

1)Should I select Bachelors as India degree and then Canada equivalency as "bachelor 3 or more years" without mentioning second degree which is assessed as CFA?
2)Should I add Bachelor , diploma and CFA all and for Canada equivalency fill "bachelor 4 years" three times?
3) select CFA degree and in Canada equivalency show - "Bachelor 4 years) as highest degree and don’t add India's bachelor degree.

Below is the WES report(for reference)

Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor’s Degree (Four years).

Credential Analysis

Credential: Bachelor of commerce

Year: 2004

Awarded Status: Recognized

Admission requirements: Secondary School graduation

Length of program: Three years

Major/Specialization: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor degree (three years)

Credential: Chartered financial analyst

Year: 2011

Awarded Status: Recognized

Admission requirements: Bachelor degree

Length of program: Not Applicable

Major/Specialization: Finance

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor degree (four years).

Remarks: The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see#1, above).

---------End of ECA report result-------

manik782

Dec 21, 2017
I too have similar issue, i am confused how i fill my study details in express entry profile. Below is the ECA report i got from WES.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Computer Applications
Year: 2005
Awarded By: *********
Major/Specialization: Computer Applications
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Computer Applications
Year: 2009
Awarded By: *********
Major/Specialization: Computer Applications
Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

Chinky16

Mar 10, 2018
Hi all,

I too need urgent help for filling my education. I have done a dual degree 5 year course of b.tech and M.tech from 2009 to 2014. I got my credentials evaluated by WES and as per their report:
Canadian equilance summary
Masters degree

Credential analysis:
Canadanian equivalance: bachelors and masters degree

Therefore while filling my express entry profile I filled it as one degree 2009 to 2014 and selected it as masters. Now I have received the ITA.

However from my institution I had received 2 separate degree one in 2013 for bachelors and one in 2014 for masters, however my transcript is combined with all the semeter marks for bachelors and masters semesters.

So, could you please suggest if:
1. I should keep the education as masters only from 2009 to 2014 even though I have 2 separate degrees and explain it in LOE.

Or

2. I should make two separate education entries, one from 2009 to may 2013 for bachelors and then from Jun 2013 to may 2014 for masters as per my degrees even though the course was integrated.

Please help I am running out of time.