+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion related to "Two or More Degree, Diploma, Certificate" Category"

Dhruv5133

Feb 25, 2020
Hello everyone !!

I have a valid EE profile with CRS score of 447. Now in order to claim extra points, I'm planning to study 1 year post graduate diploma course (full time, SPP) for May intake 2020 from Canada. After completing the course from Canada, Can i claim points under "Two or More diploma, degree, certificate" category? Visa Agents from India are saying that you can only claim points under "Two or more degree, diploma, degree" category if you have studied the 1 year post graduate diploma course from India and not Canada so I'm really confused regarding this. Can anyone help me out in solving my query?

Note: I'm having 6 years of work experience as Business Analyst and I have completed my bachelors of Engineering in Information Technology in year 2013 (also having a valid WES ECA Report)

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Yes, you can claim these points as long as your undergraduate degree is equivalent to Canadian education of 3 years or longer.

Dhruv5133

Feb 25, 2020
Yes, you can claim these points as long as your undergraduate degree is equivalent to Canadian education of 3 years or longer.
Thank you sooo much for your prompt reply. It really means a lot to me. Yes, as per my ECA, my undergraduate degree is equivalent to Canadian education of three or more years. One more thing I wanted to ask, My Immigration lawyer is saying that my Express Entry Profile is created under FSW so if I wish to claim points for Canadian 1 year Post Graduate Diploma then I can only do so if I change my Express Entry Profile from FSW to Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

So my doubt is - Can we claim points for Canadian 1 year Post Graduate Diploma in "Two or more degree, diploma, certificate" for FSW Express Entry Profile? or do I have to change my profile from FSW to CEC?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
All you do is add the new education to your profile and if that makes you eligible for CEC (it does not, but anyway), the system will automatically do that. There is no FSW profile or CEC profile. EE profile expires in one year anyway. So if you have not started the Canadian education yet, you will be making a new profile after completion anyway; the current profile will expire by then.

This 'lawyer/consultant' seems to be quite misinformed, time to ditch them.