+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding work experience

soumendranath

Jun 15, 2017
In the 'determine your eligibility' section of CIC , it was mentioned that work experience should be continuous and in the same occupation.What does that mean? If I have a gap of 6 months between two jobs, does that mean it is not valid? Also if I have a gap between the date of my educational degree and the date of joining of my 1st job, does that also mean it is invalid?
Because I have done job in a company which does not exist now. So I can't possibly retrieve the experience letter from it. I still have more than 3 years of relevant work experience, but I am worried about the gap.Please help me with this information.
Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be eligible under the FSW program you must have a year of full-time continuous work experience.

After meeting this requirement you can add all other work experience even if there are any gaps.

soumendranath

Jun 15, 2017
If I want to get maximum points in work experience then I should show minimum 3 years of work experience. So you are saying to be eligible for FSW program at least one of these years should be continuous and the others can be achieved through gaps right?
Also in my experience letter I could not convince my employer to indicate if the job was full time as I was not in direct payroll, but they specified the work hours as 48 hours per week. So that should be considered as equal amount right?