+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding wording--"Processing Start Date"

dashingboy9000

Jul 20, 2011
Hello Everyone,
Here is my question for clarity. At the CHC-New Delhi website, following is a statement:
"Processing times for these applications are calculated from the date on which the application is accepted by Case Processing Centre - Mississauga"
So, does this means when they (CIC-Mississauga) received the application OR they started "processing" the application.

As per the CIC website (cic.gc.ca), to count the days, they start from the time they have "received" the complete package.

So looking at the above sentence, logically, I am thinking the 6 months time period set by CHC-ND for 80% cases in family-class(spouse) should start from the day CIC-Mississauga "received" the application and NOT the date they started "processing" the application.

Thanks in advance for comments/clarification.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
That's weird because my understanding has always been that processing times for the embassies are calculated based on when they receive the application - not when CPC-Mississauga receives (or begins to process) them.

dashingboy9000

Jul 20, 2011
Thanks for replying.
Well, I have been reading a lot. Not just the guidelines that comes with the package, but operations manuals etc. I was going through the CHC-ND (india.gc.ca) website. They have a table-time line and right below that they have the statement for which I need clarification. Its been 5 months(total-Mississauga +New Delhi) to our application and there had been no updates. So would like to know when should the "panic" button be pressed

lenardparnold

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Canada/Thailand
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2010 sent to Canada
File Transfer...
29/11/2010 Sponsorship approved, PR app sent to Singapore
I always assummed that the processing times listed for PR (ranging from 4 months in Bejing to 20 fucking months in singapore) were from the date they recieve the application... It better not from the day the status changes to "in process" because that means I have already waited 10 months but could have another 18 months because they only started processing it 2 months ago.... They recieved it on Dec 8th...