+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding WES transcripts?

the.eagle2121

Nov 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

I want to send my transcripts to WES Canada for an evaluation. I am a bit confused about the documents even after checking the website. So can anyone please answer my following questions:

1. Are we required to send the original academic transcripts? My country of study is Netherlands and I'm unsure if I need two copies of my original transcripts?

2. I also would like to know if the transcripts and the diploma can be in the same envelope and then the envelope is sealed from outside? Or is it necessary that only the transcripts and stamped and sealed in an envelope and the diploma can simply just be an addition?

I'm doing this whole thing by myself so I would really really appreciate it if someone can tell me how it's done. My university has no clue how to do it properly and want me to tell them :(

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You need to send original copies of your transcripts directly from your institution, but you only have to submit a copy of your diploma or degree certificate.

So what i mean by this is, if your institution agrees to send them directly, tell them to mail it directly to WES's address. If they don't do this, then tell them provide you original copies of your transcripts in a sealed envelope, and tell them to ensure that they stamp the envelope with the registrar's seal, across the envelope's back flap to demonstrate the envelop has not been tampered with. This is very important otherwise WES will not accept them as official.

Once you obtain the envelop then you put it in another envelope with a copy of your degree certificate.

And then you send it to WES by courier.

the.eagle2121

Nov 5, 2017
You need to send original copies of your transcripts directly from your institution, but you only have to submit a copy of your diploma or degree certificate.

So what i mean by this is, if your institution agrees to send them directly, tell them to mail it directly to WES's address. If they don't do this, then tell them provide you original copies of your transcripts in a sealed envelope, and tell them to ensure that they stamp the envelope with the registrar's seal, across the envelope's back flap to demonstrate the envelop has not been tampered with. This is very important otherwise WES will not accept them as official.

Once you obtain the envelop then you put it in another envelope with a copy of your degree certificate.

And then you send it to WES by courier.
Hello there. Thank you so much for your reply. Could you please also tell me what does the original copy part imply. It means I need to ask them to print out two transcripts for me? Or if they do a photocopy of the original one and attest it, will that work too?

So here is what I should do :

1. Get sealed transcript copy in a sealed envelope that is signed by the authorities in the university and stamped across the flap.

2. After this I shall put an attested copy of my diploma in an envelope alongside with the smaller envelope of the sealed transcript?

Also could you please tell me if the bigger envelope would need to be stamped as well!? Or only the envelope with the sealed transcript? Would really appreciate your response as I'm a bit confused.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hello there. Thank you so much for your reply. Could you please also tell me what does the original copy part imply. It means I need to ask them to print out two transcripts for me? Or if they do a photocopy of the original one and attest it, will that work too?

So here is what I should do :

1. Get sealed transcript copy in a sealed envelope that is signed by the authorities in the university and stamped across the flap.

2. After this I shall put an attested copy of my diploma in an envelope alongside with the smaller envelope of the sealed transcript?

Also could you please tell me if the bigger envelope would need to be stamped as well!? Or only the envelope with the sealed transcript? Would really appreciate your response as I'm a bit confused.
Tell them to provide official transcripts, so for example if there is any special paper that they print on, or if they put any special stamp or signatures on them, or to use any embedded holograms and graphics which denote authenticity on them, those are usually some of the features of official transcripts.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

Only the sealed envelope with the official transcripts need to be stamped.

the.eagle2121

Nov 5, 2017
Tell them to provide official transcripts, so for example if there is any special paper that they print on, or if they put any special stamp or signatures on them, or to use any embedded holograms and graphics which denote authenticity on them, those are usually some of the features of official transcripts.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

Only the sealed envelope with the official transcripts need to be stamped.

Hello! Thanks for your reply again. What if they take the copy of the transcripts and stamp it with the university stamp. Will that work? Because I think their printer only prints one official transcript.

MAIL2SUNDAREEE

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hello! Thanks for your reply again. What if they take the copy of the transcripts and stamp it with the university stamp. Will that work? Because I think their printer only prints one official transcript.
Transcripts can be printed any number of times (in normal A4 sheets or maybe watermarked papers)
Nowadays most of the universities are aware of the WES process.
so universities can complete the process themselves.
If you need a personal copy of transcript, you can ask them and take a photocopy before they put it in the cover and seal it.
Regarding sending the document through courier:
some universities - send it themselves directly through courier.
some universities - handover the document to us, so we can courier.

the.eagle2121

Nov 5, 2017
Transcripts can be printed any number of times (in normal A4 sheets or maybe watermarked papers)
Nowadays most of the universities are aware of the WES process.
so universities can complete the process themselves.
If you need a personal copy of transcript, you can ask them and take a photocopy before they put it in the cover and seal it.
Regarding sending the document through courier:
some universities - send it themselves directly through courier.
some universities - handover the document to us, so we can courier.
Thanks for replying back. My university here in Netherlands doesn't really know much about this process so they're asking me to guide them. So I guess a stamped photocopy of the transcripts will not work? Instead I should ask them to print out another copy of official transcript for me, attest it, put it in the envelope, and then stamp the envelope ?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It should be fine as long as they are official transcripts, it doesn't matter if they are stamped, certified copies.

All you need to send them is what they would ordinarily issue to a person for a request of official transcripts.

Last edited:
Reactions: the.eagle2121

the.eagle2121

Nov 5, 2017
It should be fine as long as they are official transcripts, it doesn't matter if they are stamped, certified copies.

All you need to send them is what they would ordinarily issue to a person for a request of official transcripts.
Okay thanks a lot for your help!

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hello everyone,

I want to send my transcripts to WES Canada for an evaluation. I am a bit confused about the documents even after checking the website. So can anyone please answer my following questions:

1. Are we required to send the original academic transcripts? My country of study is Netherlands and I'm unsure if I need two copies of my original transcripts?

2. I also would like to know if the transcripts and the diploma can be in the same envelope and then the envelope is sealed from outside? Or is it necessary that only the transcripts and stamped and sealed in an envelope and the diploma can simply just be an addition?

I'm doing this whole thing by myself so I would really really appreciate it if someone can tell me how it's done. My university has no clue how to do it properly and want me to tell them :(
1. The photocopy of transcript is fine, as long as it's signed, stamped, and sealed by your university. And then you can ask your school to mail directly to WES or give you the envelope so you can mail urself.
2. From what I did, I just uploaded the diploma and transcript-translation to "My Account". So, only the transcript from school is mailed to WES.

My family mailed my documents from my country 10 days ago. They said it's already arrived to WES but I still wait for the status updated.
Hope it helps