+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding WES evaluation - need help

jhonnygdr

Nov 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have a Master's degree from Canada and Bachelor's degree outside Canada. I am applying under CEC Express Entry category and I did not have my Bachelor's degree WES evaluated. When I completed my profile, I see that I get 50 points for Skills Transferability - Education. So the breakdown says 25 points each for Language proficiency and post-secondary degree with Canadian experience for [Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer]. So, it is taking into account my Bachelor's degree as well. I was under the impression that if we have a Canadian degree, we wouldn't need WES evaluation for other degrees.

Can anyone please let me know if I need to get my Bachelor's degree get evaluated or is it not necessary as I have a Canadian Master's degree? Thank you kindly.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Havjng a Masters degree is rated higher than having '2 or more...' option. You don't need ECA for Bachelors. You can,in fact, safely remove Bachelors from the Education section of your application and your points won't change at all - additional evidence that it isn't taking your Bachelors into consideration.

All the best!

jhonnygdr

Nov 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your quick reply. I checked my points after removing the Bachelor's degree and they remained intact. So, it didn't make any difference. Thanks again.