+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding oci status for my daughter

sunsheen

Aug 2, 2018
Hi
I applied for oci card for my daughter on july 27,2017 at bls calgary.
The status for oci application at this site-https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury is as follows

Date Of Acknowledgment 02-AUG-2018
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
OCI- Number ***************
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 29-AUG-2018
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 30-AUG-2018
Document received At VANCOUVER On 07-SEP-2018.

But at the following site
www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php
it says "Processing at consulate general"

I called bls calgary but was of no use.

I want to purchase tickets for india ASAP but dont know when will i get oci for my daughter.
If anyone can shed some light on the issue and tell like how much time does it takes once it is received at Vancouver it will be helpful.I am so confused.
thanks

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
My answer is not directly relevant as I am in Toronto but it took the package 5 days to reach me from the "Document received at Toronto" date. BLS status doesn't change as it was reflecting the date they mailed original doc's. Hope that gives you something to plan

Reactions: sunsheen and qorax

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
You can assume that you will receive the OCI in about 1 to 2 weeks of the document reaching your local consulate.
BLS is 3rd party and do not get updated until they receive the document from consulate. They only manage pre consulate checks, submit them to consulate and receive from them after it arrives at consulate.

Reactions: sunsheen

sunsheen

Aug 2, 2018
thanks vasvas and homecanada.Maybe the reason for delay is that I am located in calgary and the consulate general is in Vancouver.And since it has already been a week since it was received at Vancouver so I am going to give it another week to arrive.
If I don't get it in another week is there something that I can do on my behalf to check what's going on ?

Susmita2018

Mar 27, 2018
Hi
I applied for oci card for my daughter on july 27,2017 at bls calgary.
The status for oci application at this site-https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury is as follows

Date Of Acknowledgment 02-AUG-2018
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
OCI- Number ***************
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 29-AUG-2018
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 30-AUG-2018
Document received At VANCOUVER On 07-SEP-2018.

But at the following site
www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php
it says "Processing at consulate general"

I called bls calgary but was of no use.

I want to purchase tickets for india ASAP but dont know when will i get oci for my daughter.
If anyone can shed some light on the issue and tell like how much time does it takes once it is received at Vancouver it will be helpful.I am so confused.
thanks
I am just curious to know when did you get your OCI finally? I am travelling on November 28 and my applied on August 27, so trying to assess.