+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding NOC 2151, 2251 and 2253

bunny2015

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Hi!

I'm an architect, completed my ECA and got a Master's Degree Equivalency.

My previous and current job descriptions go with the followings:

NOC 2151: Architect,
NOC 2251: Architectural technologists and technicians, and
NOC 2253: Drafting technologists and technicians

I've appeared for IELTS exam and now waiting for the results.

My concern here is, if I do not get expected bands which is L8 R7 W7 S7, then I'll be preparing documents for PNP, and most of the PNP will require licensure for NOC 2151, and NOC 2253 is under-demand occupation list in Saskatchewan.

Therefore, I need advice on choosing an appropriate NOC
My Education BG is B. of Arch, and Masters of Arts in Urban Design
My Job titles that I've been working are:

2009 - 2012: Junior Architect
2013 - 2014: Architect
2014 - Current: Senior Architect

Please advice whether it would effect negatively if I choose 2253 and apply for Saskatchewan PNP.

All your advices will help me a lot, thank you... :)

Sansu37

Dec 5, 2015
You have option to choose only one NOC (senior guys ,correct me if I am wrong ) you have to review and plan your NOC looking at the potential job market and your previous work experience , you will be further reviewed upon your past work experience and reference letter from past employers ,that letter should mention the job duties performed according to your preferred NOC (NOT ALL ,NOT EXACT COPY OF DUTIES MENTIONED IN CIC ) should similar and Immigration authority should be convinced by your application

bunny2015

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Sansu37 said:
You have option to choose only one NOC (senior guys ,correct me if I am wrong ) you have to review and plan your NOC looking at the potential job market and your previous work experience , you will be further reviewed upon your past work experience and reference letter from past employers ,that letter should mention the job duties performed according to your preferred NOC (NOT ALL ,NOT EXACT COPY OF DUTIES MENTIONED IN CIC ) should similar and Immigration authority should be convinced by your application
Thank you for your reply, the fact is although I've a post of Senior Architect, I'm not a registered Architect in my country, and the consultancy farms here do not follow international job titles here, and there are no specific pay scale here as well, thus my job title may look a bit higher, but the responsibilities are mixed with both design and technical, therefore, it matches all of the mentioned NOCs.

Would it be an issue with the job title I've with my employers or does it also need to match with the NOC Titles?

Thank you again for your reply, it was really appreciated.

Sansu37

Dec 5, 2015
Job title does not matter most of the time ,your job duties should match with your preferred NOC , check the job bank and see the trend of NOC's across your preferred province , you may check other province if you wish to ,at the end its immigration authority who has the final say ,they might ask you to correct your NOC if they feel if it is inappropriate with your applied NOC ,they will ask for explanation and then you can explain them accordingly .

arun.gef

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi /Warsaw/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-03-2015
File Transfer...
22-05-2015
Med's Request
22-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2015 / Submitted on 20-07-2015 at ADVO
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2015
LANDED..........
16-12-2015
Job title doesn't matter. For example my post was Control & Instrumentation engineer. But I applied as electrical engineering technologist (2241) as I could find the job description in NOC for 2241 was matching with my job.

bunny2015 said:
Thank you for your reply, the fact is although I've a post of Senior Architect, I'm not a registered Architect in my country, and the consultancy farms here do not follow international job titles here, and there are no specific pay scale here as well, thus my job title may look a bit higher, but the responsibilities are mixed with both design and technical, therefore, it matches all of the mentioned NOCs.

Would it be an issue with the job title I've with my employers or does it also need to match with the NOC Titles?

Thank you again for your reply, it was really appreciated.

tessyan

Mar 16, 2016
Hi Bunny2015, me too, I've done architectural studies in my country! I finished creating myCIC account and I chose the NOC 2251(architectural technologist)!But to be honest, I'm not sure if it requires licensure for PNP (I put french as first language and am preparing to send my documents to New Brunswick), so please, Did you meet any problemes with NOC 2251 ? plz answer me as fast as possible, thank u.

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
I'm also in the same situation about choosing the right NOC,has anyone gone ahead with NOC 2253 even though education requirement is lower than the qualifications we posses.

Please advice.

Thanks

Rodrigoff

Jul 25, 2017
Hi guys, I'm a Mechanical Engineer, but I've worked as 3D Project consultant, should I chose the NOC 2232(Mechanical Engineering technologist an technicians) or 2253(drafiting technologist and technicians) besides chosen 2132(mechanical engineer)

Another question is, if I chose 2232 or 2253 need I also validade my diploma graduation or these are non-regulamentary qualification?

mantho

Jan 10, 2018
I'm also in the same situation about choosing the right NOC,has anyone gone ahead with NOC 2253 even though education requirement is lower than the qualifications we posses.

Please advice.

Thanks
I am also in the same situation. I have masters, but work experience matches with 2253. Did you apply with 2253?

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
I am also in the same situation. I have masters, but work experience matches with 2253. Did you apply with 2253?
I applied using NOC 2151 and got my PPR already.

It all depends on matching minimum 60-70% of job duties mentioned in your reference letter.Make sure to rephrase/Paraphrase the NOC job duties with your reference letter.

Reactions: Pnphope

bishoyerian

Apr 5, 2020
I applied using NOC 2151 and got my PPR already.

It all depends on matching minimum 60-70% of job duties mentioned in your reference letter.Make sure to rephrase/Paraphrase the NOC job duties with your reference letter.
Hi pk that's a very old post so I guess late congrats :D
I'am currently in the same boat, and Architect registered in my country but certainly not registered in Canada. I saw that this NOC (2151) requires us to go on 3 years training under the supervision of a registered Architect in Canada, which I don't have. Am I still eligible to apply as an Architect or shall I go for Architectural Technologist?

subhashisbmk

Jun 29, 2020
Hello, It seems that our Architectural community doesn't have many members. I'm also a licensed architect from in India. I'll be applying for PNPs as soon as I get my ECA done. for FSW my score is nowhere near to 460....It'll be around 450 if I top IELTS with everything 9/9. But anyways,

Here's where I am confused. If I go with NOC 2151, do I need to be licensed in Canada? (which is impossible), for NOC 2251 (Technologists and Draft persons), does any PNP demand that skill as of now ?I can't find the answers to these anywhere.

awaisrauf95

Nov 14, 2020
Hi!

I'm an architect, completed my ECA and got a Master's Degree Equivalency.

My previous and current job descriptions go with the followings:

NOC 2151: Architect,
NOC 2251: Architectural technologists and technicians, and
NOC 2253: Drafting technologists and technicians

I've appeared for IELTS exam and now waiting for the results.

My concern here is, if I do not get expected bands which is L8 R7 W7 S7, then I'll be preparing documents for PNP, and most of the PNP will require licensure for NOC 2151, and NOC 2253 is under-demand occupation list in Saskatchewan.

Therefore, I need advice on choosing an appropriate NOC
My Education BG is B. of Arch, and Masters of Arts in Urban Design
My Job titles that I've been working are:

2009 - 2012: Junior Architect
2013 - 2014: Architect
2014 - Current: Senior Architect

Please advice whether it would effect negatively if I choose 2253 and apply for Saskatchewan PNP.

All your advices will help me a lot, thank you... :)
I believe this lawyer mentions something of that sort in the end. That you should stick with 1 NOC while applying. One that's most relevant to the actual duties you've performed. All the best!

Jaison Antony

Apr 14, 2021
Hi pk that's a very old post so I guess late congrats :D
I'am currently in the same boat, and Architect registered in my country but certainly not registered in Canada. I saw that this NOC (2151) requires us to go on 3 years training under the supervision of a registered Architect in Canada, which I don't have. Am I still eligible to apply as an Architect or shall I go for Architectural Technologist?

Dear,

Currently, I am working in Saudi Arabiya senior Architectural Draughtsman. I want to go with NOC 2251: Architectural technologists and technicians. Having a 2-year Diploma Certificat NCVT from India, which process need to do. WES OR CES? ICES OR IQAS | ECA | Canada immigration | Express Entry Canada.

Thank you

Jaison Antony
Whatsapp-00966507423582
jantony092@outlook.com