+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confusion regarding IELTS appearance

chsurti

Star Member
Apr 15, 2009
Hello Sr members,

what should I write for IELTS..have you taken IELTS ? yes or no because I haven't taken yet but if require then I will take..so what should I write in the form yes or no?

I got master's with 17.5 yrs------- 25
age 25-------------------- 10
2.5 years NOC experience for 7242-17
My uncle Canadian citizen and wife engineer-9
Language on avg-------------------10

if i count 10 for language then I got 71

what to write for ILETS?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Write "No" while submitting the application. The simple rule to fill the application is "Write Facts".

When you hear back from the Sydney and then asked to submit supporting docs to the local embassy then at that point you need to have IELTS results with you. I too had this same query. I then filled NO since I didn't cleared IELTS while submitting the application but now I have cleared it and now going to send it along with my supporting docs.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, as my knowledge, you must fullfill all requirements at the time of applying, so you need take IELTS first or one letter of explanation your english skills, which i will not recommend as i heared so many applications are getting back and CIC Sydney even they are not reading any kind of explanation, they just see, applicant dont have IELTS, they refuse. Wait for some else reply on this issue, but i dont thing you are free to submit Language Proficiency proof just because you dont need points, Language Proficiency is one Factor that you must prove.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC does need IELTS results but only at the time of submission of supporting documents. I myself said "No" to IELTS while submitting the application. The application pdf says :

"However, it is recommended that all applicants using this category complete their language test or their written submission before submitting their application to the CIU in Sydney, Nova Scotia Canada so that they know in advance how many language points they will attain on the selection grid.
Note: The descriptions above are meant to provide you with an informal self-assessment only. If you decide to apply to immigrate Canada as a skilled worker, you must provide conclusive proof of your language abilities."

I took my IELTS after submitting the application. It is my job to prove my proficiency of English language. CIC will not reject your application is you said NO while applying. For them it just means that you haven't took the IELTS yet but surely will provide it while submitting supporting docuemnts.