+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding checklist and GIC - vfs university checklist or IMM5483

sunnykm

Mar 20, 2014
Hi,

I am from India and planning to apply for student permit. I had some confusion regarding a couple of things and would really appreciate any help on this.

1) Which checklist should i really use for my visa application? The checklist in canada immigration website IMM5483 or vfs university checklist. Both checklist are different. Which one should I use?

2)In vfs unviersity checklist, GIC and Fee Payment/Loan and Fee Payment is preferred option. I personally don't want to get into GIC thing if its not mandatory and I don't need education loan as i can show funds from my parents account. So is it ok if I just show funds in my account and my parents accounts and a couple of Fixed Deposits?

Note: Canadian immigration website checklist (IMM5483) doesn't mention anything regarding GIC. It just mentions Proof of financial support, that's it. And guide for this section mentions

Document #3 - Proof of financial support

Evidence that you can support yourself as well as accompanying family members while studying in Canada. Such evidence may include:

proof of a Canadian bank account, if money has been transferred there,
Bank statements for the past four months,
proof of payment of tuition and residence fees, and
proof of funding paid from within Canada for students with a scholarship or enrolled in a Canadian-funded educational program.

Please help me guys on this, as I am really confused and need to apply very soon.

akshay8990

Mar 21, 2014
If you have funds pay fees for 1st sem and GIC (Canadian Bank as asked). Apply for visa- makes life simpler
GIC is anyways your money and only u'll get it in terms.. so whats wrong in putting money in some other bank than yours!!!

HARDYBOYZ_IN

Feb 28, 2014
@ Akshay
I guess same applies for me 1 sem fee + gic

About fee submission.
« on: March 21, 2014, 01:47:57 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
Hi all,

First of all , Thank you everyone on the forum for your outstanding support.

Question is - I have received a offer letter from college in BC for a professional Certificate program. It was a Part time course however they designed a full time course for me for a duration of one year. IELTS wasnt needed/ waived off.(Most say i would get PGWP)
The fee structure is to pay sem wise (3 semester) hence if i pay the fee sem wise, would that be ok for visa approval or application as long as i get one year living expenses shown as GIC (Nova scotia). (+ receipt of 1st sem fee paid)