+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion Please help me regarding selection of program and PGWP issues

CanadaPak120

Jan 12, 2016
Dear Friends,

I have completed masters in chemical engineering from Finland in 2013 and doing job in Pakistan right now. I am planning to apply for one year Graduate certificate program in management. I have few questions
1.Do I get a job on my previous masters degree fom Finland after getting my PGWP in Canada?
2.Is it possible to continue study after completing one year program to another one year course to get 3 years PGWP?
3.Which province/state do you think is good for chemical engineers or process industries?
4.If someone is unable to get a job during one year PGWP how can he extend his visa. Is there any other option like If I found full time work but not relevant to my field like on gas station or dish washing etc.

Kindly answer guys. Need your urgent help plz

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. I don't understand what you are asking.
2. Yes - you can do this.
3. I don't know. Hopefully someone else will be able to help.
4. Your employer would need to obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a close work permit. The LMIA is a long an expensive process that many employers aren't willing to do.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. can a chemical engineering degree from Finland + 1 year graduate management program + PGWP get me a job in Canada? I assume that is your question?

If you are hoping to work in Engineering then the regulating body may have to review your educational background so you may attain an Engineer in Training title first. In some cases courses are recommended based on your transcript.

Potentially yes for any other jobs you may be interested in. I say potentially because no one is guaranteed a job in Canada. We all have our experiences.

2. Yes but I don't think a 3 year PGWP is guaranteed based on the recent developments on this site. A few people got 1 year after doing exactly that. Don't bank on it 100% until you see it for yourself.

3. It varies all around. Everything from mining to manufacturing. See this link: http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/job_search_results.do;jsessionid=A9EDB6C9BCBC70CF33A842CE12C1543B.imnav1?searchstring=process+engineer&sort=M&button.submit=Search

I know they are needed in Northern Alberta. Think Canadian Tar sands.

4. Ok this is a very unique situation. I know it can happen but it should not happen given that PGWP is only given once you graduate. By visa you mean the PGWP? You can't extend it unless you already have an application in for P.R. You can do any job you like to do but using it to extend your visa is really up to CIC to decide whether it related or not.

CanadaPak120 said:
Dear Friends,

I have completed masters in chemical engineering from Finland in 2013 and doing job in Pakistan right now. I am planning to apply for one year Graduate certificate program in management. I have few questions
1.Do I get a job on my previous masters degree fom Finland after getting my PGWP in Canada?
2.Is it possible to continue study after completing one year program to another one year course to get 3 years PGWP?
3.Which province/state do you think is good for chemical engineers or process industries?
4.If someone is unable to get a job during one year PGWP how can he extend his visa. Is there any other option like If I found full time work but not relevant to my field like on gas station or dish washing etc.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

CanadaPak120 said:
Dear Friends,

4. If you do not have at least NOC O,A,B level job, you should forget about visa extension via LMIA which itself is difficult to get. Dishwashing, gas station jobs comes under NOC D