+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion over CEC foreign experience documents

AnieB

Dec 4, 2014
Hi!

I'm having some confusion with my required documents page after receiving ITA! I did not list any of my foreign work experience for points on my ee profile as I was unsure about being able to prove the experience! I got an ITA for CEC and then entered my foreign experience under my work history and personal history! Now my document checklist is looking for the employment records for these jobs!

So, we have to provide employment records even if we didn't use those jobs for points? Am I doing something wrong!?

gujar

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
AnieB said:
Hi!

I'm having some confusion with my required documents page after receiving ITA! I did not list any of my foreign work experience for points on my ee profile as I was unsure about being able to prove the experience! I got an ITA for CEC and then entered my foreign experience under my work history and personal history! Now my document checklist is looking for the employment records for these jobs!

So, we have to provide employment records even if we didn't use those jobs for points? Am I doing something wrong!?
I have same issue can any one help pleasee ???

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Why you put yourself in trouble without reason?
First you didn't mention foreign experience and after the ITA you mentioned that.
Why you did that ?

AnieB

Dec 4, 2014
I was told not to put work experience on the original profile if I couldn't prove it with reference letters etc. to gain points but rather to wait util I got an ITA and add it later to the more thorough history thus not needing the reference letters! You only put on the ee profile what you want points for... The more detailed stuff goes in the 10 year history!
I have asked a lawyer why this is asking for reference letters and they have not heard of this happening to others! I'm wondering if this is a glitch!

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
As long you don't get points you put nothing otherwise you now have to prove it.

I mean they check only what you state and not what you don't.

AnieB

Dec 4, 2014
Ok, so are you saying that I should leave the info out oft work history section now?
Do I put it in my personal history?

Ps. Appreciate your input

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They ask for complete history; so why would you want to leave it out from your work history? That would be mis-representation to CIC.

AnieB

Dec 4, 2014
I know right!? I don't want to risk that!! Others are telling me that they have not been asked for these documents... I'm wondering why I am since I got no points for it!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I just deleted my work history that is non points related.

It does not state on the EE page for 10 years worth. It asks 'Does XX have any work history? We will use this to calculate their points'.

AnieB

Dec 4, 2014
Oooo my! I should pay more attention to the wording!

Kryt0n you put it in your personal history after right?
I think I'll do that!!

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Hi, What to confirm one thing. while filling out the forms after getting ITA, you have two separate sections...work history and personal history? can you post what is the instruction given for work history section? Does it say like "you must list all your work for last x years"?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I'm calling CIC with this question tomorrow. Will let you know the answer.

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
Just remove work experience and only put the Canadian experience in, that will make the request go away, CEC is Canadian Experience not international. You just ad your work history in the 10 year section and do not need to provide proof of it. just make 100% sure you did not claim points for it. If you did you need to deduct that points from your score and still be able to qualify under that CRS draw score

aika1987

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you bud_weiser! so only canadian experience in EE profile, everything else if I will get ITA? did you do the same and got your ITA? I do not want to be charged with misrepresentation, I sent my resume for IEC and LMIA where i claimed all previous jobs.
one more question - if you qualify for both - CEC and FSW, you can choos under which you want to aply or CIC? which is "easier"?