Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2012
I know it's impossible to know how CIC assesses applications but some facts are not understandable sometimes.
My wife's passport has been with Beijing VO office for a month and a half now, application filed in Mississauga on Oct 31st last year , sponsorship approved on Jan 10th 2012. Passport requested on Feb 14th 2012, received by them on feb 17th since then, nothing.
If someone can really tell me what make them keep applicant's passports for so long and in the meantime , interview some applicants who applied after and grant them visas the same day ( don't get me wrongI am really happy for them :) ) am just wondering why it it that they do not serve applicants according to their file date.
Our case is a simple one, first mariage , no kids have known each other since 2005 married last year. How comes it is stucked? i sent an E-mail and they replied with a generic one saying the application is in process . But why taking and keeping passport if not ready to issue visa? paralysing my wife's financial transations and others?
Can't understand CIC sometimes!
The waiting is just freaking hard.
Good luck to us!

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
CIC it's a real mystery that we all know.

And I don't think that it's someone here to tell you how CIC really works.

No worries, everythig it's going to be all right for you, sooner than you think!

But let's not forget of thouse who have been (still) waiting for 20 months...

Zagalo

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing , China
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
3-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2012
I.N said:
CIC it's a real mystery that we all know.

And I don't think that it's someone here to tell you how CIC really works.

No worries, everythig it's going to be all right for you, sooner than you think!

But let's not forget of thouse who have been (still) waiting for 20 months...
Thanks friend .In fact i was just wondering why CIC operates that way , it's obvious no one has an answer .The following is quoted from the Canadian embassy in Beijing's website:

5. I have an immigration application in process and my passport is in your office. Now I need my passport back to travel. What should I do?

You may request to borrow your passport at anytime. However, please be advised that if you have an immigration application process at our office and we have requested your passport, your application is close to finalisation. If you borrow your passport now, this may cause a delay in the processing of your application.

We will return your passport to you by mail, processing time for this request may take up to 4 weeks. Please fax this request to (86-10) 5139-4449. Please make sure that you clearly indicate your request, as well as your name, date of birth and file number, your original signature, along with the address in Chinese characters where you would like us to send the passports. Please indicate when you plan to return the passport to our office

Strange that they keep people's passports that long after saying this :(

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
Consider this scenario: there are several VOs who have several cases - some of those VO are very efficient, organized and always show up for work; consider also the possibiltiy that certain VOs who may be on vacation, sick, inefficient or lazy and that they also have assigned files.

Think about the files that may be with each particular group and where they may be in the office where they are being processed at any particular time.

Now beyond the VOs, consider the people involved who do clerical work for the office and the same secenario of the type of people invovled as the VOs.

Now add into this that some checks may need to be done and how well or quickly those checks may be done if they need to be done by someone, again, other than the VO or clerical staff etc. a completely outside agency.

While it may not appear to be fair etc., it's what is going to happen when there is a human element involved in a process. Too much variation invovled for that in the decisions that must be made - at least in the present state of artifcial intelligence development.

Zagalo

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing , China
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
3-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2012
NBaker said:
Consider this scenario: there are several VOs who have several cases - some of those VO are very efficient, organized and always show up for work; consider also the possibiltiy that certain VOs who may be on vacation, sick, inefficient or lazy and that they also have assigned files.

Think about the files that may be with each particular group and where they may be in the office where they are being processed at any particular time.

Now beyond the VOs, consider the people involved who do clerical work for the office and the same secenario of the type of people invovled as the VOs.

Now add into this that some checks may need to be done and how well or quickly those checks may be done if they need to be done by someone, again, other than the VO or clerical staff etc. a completely outside agency.

While it may not appear to be fair etc., it's what is going to happen when there is a human element involved in a process. Too much variation invovled for that in the decisions that must be made - at least in the present state of artifcial intelligence development.
I see what you mean , but why asking for applicants passports when they are not done with processing , it is simply terrible for a lazy or off work VO to keep someone's passport and keep lazy ,that's not ethical
Well like i said we are the one seeking the visa , no choice than to wait
Thanks bro