+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion: IMM 1344 (02-2018) E Sponsor Eligibility Assessment

JoyAnn1916

Apr 24, 2018
Hello there.

Good day!
Hope someone can help me with our confusion regards the IMM 1344 (0-2018) E under Sponsor Eligibility Assessment.

This is regarding the Question number 5. There is a condition mentioned that If you answer YES to question 5 and you are sponsoring a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, you are not eligible and you should NOT submit your application.

The question 5 is, In the five years preceding this application, did you become a permanent resident after being sponsored as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner?

Our concern is, I have a brother who obtained his Permanent Resident last June 2015 after being sponsored by his wife and they are currently living in Canada. He would like to sponsor me under Family Class ( orphaned close relative - sister).

Since my brother was sponsored by his wife and his answer in Question 5 is YES, our confusion on the condition mentioned above and our question is:
Is he eligible to sponsor under Family class - orphaned close relative even if his Permanent Residency was acquired just almost 3 years ago?

Thanking everyone in advance.

God bless!