+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confusion concerning sponsorship in Canada

lilysmom

Jun 19, 2013
Hello I am new to the forum.

I would hope that someone may be able to answer this question as my son keeps getting the run around every single time he calls Canada Immigration - every one has given him a different answer to his query and it is getting more stressful and confusing as time goes on.

In a condensed version -my son went to Italy to marry his bride and they both came back to Canada. There were a few delays at first but The sponsorship application form was completed in Canada and is in Rome at the moment I assume.

Therefore in this case, the sponsorship application was applied with her in Canada rather than waiting back home in Italy.

What we need an answer to is as follows: in 4 months her one year in Canada will expire and she is worried that she will be kicked out of the country before the permanent application is granted. Does anyone know if this is the case? or because they have applied for spouse sponsorship is an extention automatically given or does she have to somehow reapply to stay in Canada?? Every time we have struggled to get through to the Immigration Canada it has Always been a different answer which is causing intense stress and confusion as each day goes by??

If anyone who may have been through similar experience or who knows the correct answer to this could reply, I would greatly appreciate it.Thank you for your help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
As this is an "outland" application, she will have to apply for an extension or leave Canada. There is no implied status for "outland" applications. Of course, this is based on the statement that the application "is in Rome at the moment I assume". Where was the application sent to initially?

lilysmom

Jun 19, 2013
Originally the application form was sent to Ottawa Canada which once accepted is then sent on to the Canadian Embassy in Rome . The normal procedure is for the immigrant to be back in the country (ie Italy) while the sponsorship application is being processed. The spouse is normally also here in Canada while this is going on.

But in their case, they didn't want to be apart and she came here first.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Now I'm confused... I was under the impression that all outland spousal sponsorship applications went to Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. If it's an "inland" application, it goes to Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
lilysmom said:

I would hope that someone may be able to answer this question as my son keeps getting the run around every single time he calls Canada Immigration - every one has given him a different answer to his query and it is getting more stressful and confusing as time goes on.

In a condensed version -my son went to Italy to marry his bride and they both came back to Canada. There were a few delays at first but The sponsorship application form was completed in Canada and is in Rome at the moment I assume.

Therefore in this case, the sponsorship application was applied with her in Canada rather than waiting back home in Italy.

What we need an answer to is as follows: in 4 months her one year in Canada will expire and she is worried that she will be kicked out of the country before the permanent application is granted. Does anyone know if this is the case? or because they have applied for spouse sponsorship is an extention automatically given or does she have to somehow reapply to stay in Canada?? Every time we have struggled to get through to the Immigration Canada it has Always been a different answer which is causing intense stress and confusion as each day goes by??

If anyone who may have been through similar experience or who knows the correct answer to this could reply, I would greatly appreciate it.Thank you for your help.
lilysmom said:

All she has to do is fill out the form I'm attaching. The form should be completed about a month prior to the expiration of the current visitor visa. Ask for another year, they may only give her 6 months, but the PR application hopefully will be done by then.

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
zardoz said:
Now I'm confused... I was under the impression that all outland spousal sponsorship applications went to Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. If it's an "inland" application, it goes to Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.
They had a giant backlog last year at Mississauga and opened an office in Ottawa to deal with it. When we applied in March last year the wait for stage one processing got up to over 100 days.

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012