+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about proof of funds and Medical insurance - traveling next month early march 2020.

Ash R

Jul 17, 2018
Hello Experts,

I am going to travel to Canada - Toronto with my wife next month on PR basis.
I some confusions and questions, please help.

1. Proof of Fund.
- When I land to Toronto, I will have an interview with an immigration officer and have to show them proof of funds.
- As per fund requirement I have to show them atleast C$16,135.00.

How do I show them proof of funds ?
Is that okay if I show them my saving bank account statement 1 year old ? There is enough fund in saving bank account here in India.
I have Debit card, I can use anywhere in the world and there is internet banking too.
Also planning to preset a latest balance certificate from my bank.
I am planing to bring under 10k CAD cash as per the rule.

I tried to transfer the fund from India to Canada in Scotia Bank (open bank account for immigrant).
But, the exchange rates are too high. I have to pay approx 30k INR more.

Health Insurance at least for 90 Days
- Canada Government health insurance will take in effect after 3 months.
There are bunch of insurance companies in India like Religare, TATA Aig, ICICI lambord, etc..
I doubt, if I need medical emergency there, are these insurance helpful ?
I don't want any mental harassment like calling customer care and long waiting, lot of paper work, reimbursement or this hospital is not in their list etc..

Please suggest good medical insurance for 90 days.

these are the main concern for now for me. Please help.

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
- When I land to Toronto, I will have an interview with an immigration officer and have to show them proof of funds. Nope. They just ask you if you have more than $10,000 cash on you. If you do, you have to declare it. If you don't, they don't care.
- As per fund requirement I have to show them at least C$16,135.00. No one asks you for proof of funds on arrival but always good to have a bank balance statement.

Please suggest good medical insurance for 90 days. I got my insurance through Arbetov - https://arbetovinsurance.com/visitorstocanada/. I didn't use it but always good to have. HTH.

Reactions: Ash R

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should have a recent bank statement. Would print a state to out from your online banking and offer to open you online account if necessary. Some do ask to see POF. A bit hit or miss.

Do you have an extra 100k if you slip on the ice and need surgery or if you get into a car accident. Always best to have insurance for 3 months.

Reactions: Ash R