Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Hi all,

any ideas and suggestions will be appreciated

I am confused about how to send my passport. I have to count every day as my medicals will expire on 20th of March which means I have to land before that. So basically I`m running out of time. I booked the first available flight to Bulgaria which is on Thursday to renew my passport ( I didn`t know that I must have at least 12 months of validity so I`m not prepared). If I get my new passport on Friday It will be almost a miracle to send it with courier the same day. Otherwise I can do this on Monday. Counting the 3 working days for the documents to be send to Bucharest and then another 15 working days for the decision and the visa,plus another 3 working days for the passport to be send back to me the date will be 18th of March. And this is the best case scenario if everything is ok without any delays. So then can I book a ticket in a day and land before 20th?
In the letter from Bucharest VO for the passport request they advised me couple of times not to ask or look for the passport before the 15 working days has finished but on the official website they say 10 working days

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/romania-roumanie/visas/apply-how_demande-comment.aspx?view=d

So can I try to send the courier on the 10th day as this will save me precious time?

I also don`t understand these:

" Provide us with a courier way bill to return your passport by courier;
Provide us with an authorization to release your passport to a third-party (PDF * 163 KB);
If you plan to send a courier to collect your passport you must advise us at the time of application which company you are authorizing; or
If you decide to send a courier to collect your passport you must send us an original signed authorization naming the company."

What is this authorization? Do i need to prepare it with a lawyer? I`m planning to send it with DHL
What means "you must advise us at the time of application which company you are authorizing" ?

My questions might be stupid but I`m really confused. If anyone can help please! Or if anyone can suggest how to speed up the process. I`m looking at the option to deliver the passport in person which will cost me a lot of traveling between Cyprus,Bulgaria,Rumania,Cyprus and Rumania again and still not sure if it will be faster but if it`s the better way I`ll do it.

Regards!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blagogalia said:
I also don`t understand these:

" Provide us with a courier way bill to return your passport by courier;
Provide us with an authorization to release your passport to a third-party (PDF * 163 KB);
If you plan to send a courier to collect your passport you must advise us at the time of application which company you are authorizing; or
If you decide to send a courier to collect your passport you must send us an original signed authorization naming the company."

What is this authorization? Do i need to prepare it with a lawyer? I`m planning to send it with DHL
What means "you must advise us at the time of application which company you are authorizing" ?
Canadian embassy - the visa processing office will not return the passport by international courier shipment with their money. Within the country usually they pay for the domestic postal service.The applicant has to bear the cost of courier charges. In order get your passport returned from embassy by international courier service, you have to make necessary International return courier arrangements. The authorization is the part of it. If you go to DHL or any reputed courier service's office in your city, they will explain it to you. They will give you the forms and return envelope to write your address. You can enclose your covering letter to the visa office showing the required information.

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Thank you wilson!

I decided to go in person because I`m afraid I will not have enough time!

Regards!

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Hi guys,

Question:

1. Is it common that in the passport request letter, the visa office wants the passport to have 1 year of remaining validity? As in blagogalia's case, his/her visa office wants 1 year of remaining validity, and that seriously concerns me.

My wife (Indonesian, the sponsored person, applying through Singapore) has a passport that will expire in March 2014.

The problem is the Indonesian immigration only wants to renew a passport if its remaining validity is 6 months OR LESS, which means it won't be till September 2013 that my wife can renew her passport.

Now (hypothetically) what if my wife somehow got really lucky and the Singapore visa office requested for her passport before September 2013......say, June 2013? If the visa office wanted 1 year of remaining validity, then it would be a big problem...because in June 2013 its remaining validity will only be 9 months, which means she would have to renew it, but as I said, the Indonesian immigration only wants to renew if the remaining validity is 6 months or less. 9 months is greater than 6, so in this hypothetical situation, the renewal would be a problem then.

What should we do?!! :eek:

2. Just curious about the passport delivery process: what if we're uncomfortable to deliver my wife's passport to the Singapore visa office by mail? My wife can deliver the passport to Singapore in person right? Would the visa be issued within a few hours? Or would she likely have to stay in Singapore for a few days to wait for the visa office to attach the visa onto her passport?

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Hi fandv!

When I was searching for information about the remaining validity of the passport, as I wanted to prepare myself in advance, I was told that most of the visa offices ask for passports with 6 months. And now I was surprised but you never know. May be is better to ask other applicants going through the same VO as you and your wife.

Regards!