+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about level of education in CEC final application

sbliss

Aug 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am an inland applicant. I got my ITA through CEC recently and now completing my final application with my spouse as a dependent.

My spouse did her Bachelors and Masters in India. She also did post graduate diploma 2 years in Canada. We did ECA for both of her studies in India and for Bachelors, ECA says its Bachelors 3 years equivalent and for Masters, ECA says its Bachelors 4 year equivalent.

In the initial profile I entered my spouse's education as Masters because that is what she did in India and I entered ECA as Bachelors. But when I try to do same in the final application I can see in the preview option that our overall score goes 1 point up than in profile. Also in her supporting documents section it is asking for education transcripts along with another section education (diplomas/degrees) which I guess because of Masters.

So did I make any mistake with my spouse's information. Are we supposed to enter our level of education as per what ECA says. I know I can change options in final application but I am not sure whether that will considered as misrepresentation. So what I should do now. Should I decline my invitation for this reason. Please guide. Thanks in advance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi everyone,

I am an inland applicant. I got my ITA through CEC recently and now completing my final application with my spouse as a dependent.

My spouse did her Bachelors and Masters in India. She also did post graduate diploma 2 years in Canada. We did ECA for both of her studies in India and for Bachelors, ECA says its Bachelors 3 years equivalent and for Masters, ECA says its Bachelors 4 year equivalent.

In the initial profile I entered my spouse's education as Masters because that is what she did in India and I entered ECA as Bachelors. But when I try to do same in the final application I can see in the preview option that our overall score goes 1 point up than in profile. Also in her supporting documents section it is asking for education transcripts along with another section education (diplomas/degrees) which I guess because of Masters.

So did I make any mistake with my spouse's information. Are we supposed to enter our level of education as per what ECA says. I know I can change options in final application but I am not sure whether that will considered as misrepresentation. So what I should do now. Should I decline my invitation for this reason. Please guide. Thanks in advance.
Yes, you need to go by what the ECA says for foreign education. I would suggest "two or more degrees/diplomas" as the appropriate category. If you change it and your score remains above the cut-off for your draw, you can proceed.

Diplomas/degrees are asked for all post secondary education, you need to upload them. The transcript is required for Canadian education.

sbliss

Aug 29, 2019
Thanks for your reply. So if I go with what ECA says and in change the level of education as Bachelors instead of Masters in final application (e-APR) then there will be a mismatch with what we entered in profile before ITA. Is that going to create a issue.

I also have a Canadian education (2 year post grad program) but it didn't ask me for transcripts in the my documents section only in my spouse's supporting documents. That is why I am getting confused.