+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confusion about International Skilled Worker: Occupation In-Demand and Express Entry

GlobalCitizen1984

Dec 24, 2018
I am not sure whats the difference between these two?

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-occupations-in-demand

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-saskatchewan-express-entry

I see the following difference between these two:

Have a language score of at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4.

But isn't that obvious and already covered in IRCC profile as that is a pre-requisite to have been accepted in IRCC EE pool

Do they both need at least 1 year of experience in one of the In-Demand Occupation List ?
It does not make sense. if express entry too requires experience for in-demand occupation?

Secondly not sure if they will allow Computer Science and engineering. I was hoping express-entry will cover those with CSE. may be it is a typo? I can understand since they have so much of documentation on the immigration system. Such things can occur. hope they will clarify.. Any idea whom can I contact ?

Thanks!

daris25

Champion Member
May 10, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-07-2018
File Transfer...
01-04-2019
Med's Request
17-06-2019
Med's Done....
21-06-2019
Passport Req..
04-07-2019
I am not sure whats the difference between these two?

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-occupations-in-demand

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-saskatchewan-express-entry

I see the following difference between these two:

Have a language score of at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4.

But isn't that obvious and already covered in IRCC profile as that is a pre-requisite to have been accepted in IRCC EE pool

Do they both need at least 1 year of experience in one of the In-Demand Occupation List ?
It does not make sense. if express entry too requires experience for in-demand occupation?

Secondly not sure if they will allow Computer Science and engineering. I was hoping express-entry will cover those with CSE. may be it is a typo? I can understand since they have so much of documentation on the immigration system. Such things can occur. hope they will clarify.. Any idea whom can I contact ?

Thanks!
See there are two streams available in Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan express entry and Saskatchewan occupation in demand stream .
Saskatchewan express entry and Saskatchewan OID has same noc list ( u r noc must be in the list to apply). Saskatchewan express required valid express entry profile, and it aligned with express entry system...for Saskatchewan OID low ielts score candidates can apply...
After nomination- Saskatchewan express entry takes only 6 months but Saskatchewan OID takes 15-19 months

GlobalCitizen1984

Dec 24, 2018
See there are two streams available in Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan express entry and Saskatchewan occupation in demand stream .
Saskatchewan express entry and Saskatchewan OID has same noc list ( u r noc must be in the list to apply). Saskatchewan express required valid express entry profile, and it aligned with express entry system...for Saskatchewan OID low ielts score candidates can apply...
After nomination- Saskatchewan express entry takes only 6 months but Saskatchewan OID takes 15-19 months
what about computer science and engineering? any idea if they take that Thanks!

daris25

Champion Member
May 10, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-07-2018
File Transfer...
01-04-2019
Med's Request
17-06-2019
Med's Done....
21-06-2019
Passport Req..
04-07-2019

doyinolu

Jun 27, 2017
Please I would like to know if a provincial Nominee from Saskatchewan occupation-in-demand need to go through Express Entry before applying for Permanent Residence.Thanks

GlobalCitizen1984

Dec 24, 2018
Thanks. So I applied for EOI and I qualified for Saskatchewan express but NOT Saskatchewan OID.. Shouldn't I get qualified for both categories? Am I losing anything by being in one and not another?